xisto Community
DeM0nFiRe

Need A 3d Modeller/animator

Hello everyone,I'm working on programming a little prototype demo of a game to use in resumes and applications. The problem I have is that I've got no one to do the models! I was wondering if anyone here would be available to help me out on that side. I'm going to need probably around 3 or 4 animated characters (Simple animations: walk, stand, maybe one or two more) and a few static meshes to build a demo map with. I'm running out of time on this, so I hope someone will please help me out here.

I have previous experience in 3d studio max but that was like a few years back and I am still rusty on it. I think back in version 4 I was working on it. To make simple models may not take much time but it probably wont be too good. Isn't there options out there for you to find free ones you can use online? I would not worry too much personally about getting good models if your just focusing on your programming at this stage and go ahead and find free models already created for use.

Blender and Wings3D are easy-to-use modeling programs (not sure about Wings3D, but Blender has a game engine). Wings3D makes it easier to model than Blender, but isn't as powerful as Blender and it's not that much harder to model in Blender. I've used Blender plenty of times, and have found it easier to learn than all of the commercial 3D modeling software out there.

Blender and Wings3D are easy-to-use modeling programs (not sure about Wings3D, but Blender has a game engine). Wings3D makes it easier to model than Blender, but isn't as powerful as Blender and it's not that much harder to model in Blender. I've used Blender plenty of times, and have found it easier to learn than all of the commercial 3D modeling software out there.

Working with 3D isnt about sticking with one application and thats all. Combine Wings3D superior modeling tools with blender for rendering and object rigging allow you to accomplish your work fast.

Demonfire : modeling objects for a game demo isnt hard as many of us encourage you to do everything on your own is a good practice in near future. Unless you have near no experience with 3D modeling, then its time to get help in any means. Sadly i am currently occupied with year end projects else i would be glad in providing you the models and rigs.

I already use Wings3D. I just don't have the time to make the models myself because my deadline is in 3 weeks.

I don't have experience in the kind of animation you require, but if you just need models for representation purposes only, then you may want to consider using models from the open source movies, like Elephant's Dream or Big Buck Bunny—both of these were made in Blender.

I'm currently learning blender 3D and subscribed blender3D online magazine. I think it very helpful to learn modeling from scratch to finish just in short time... you can also choose from the magazine's series which one is suitable for your purpose of 3D modeling, with detail tutorial, explanation, and the sample files.

Edited by stanny (see edit history)

I'm currently learning blender 3D and subscribed blender3D online magazine. I think it very helpful to learn modeling from scratch to finish just in short time... you can also choose from the magazine's series which one is suitable for your purpose of 3D modeling, with detail tutorial, explanation, and the sample files.

Are you telling me to subscribe to that magazine or are you offering to help me because you subscribe to that magazine?

Either way, the deadline is way too close for me to ask for more art now. Instead, this project will be turning into a full team based project, and we will need artists then. Let me know if you want in :)

OK then... maybe i can give you little help... just tell me what model you want me to build... i'm an expert in photoshop, and currently advancing to 3D using blender and Autodesk Maya..

give me the detail please... what game type? arcade? simulation? RPG? or ?? and what timeline environment Futuristic? medieval? current time ??? what cultur background?? i'll try to mock you up a rough sketch..

Working with 3D isnt about sticking with one application and thats all. Combine Wings3D superior modeling tools with blender for rendering and object rigging allow you to accomplish your work fast.
Demonfire : modeling objects for a game demo isnt hard as many of us encourage you to do everything on your own is a good practice in near future. Unless you have near no experience with 3D modeling, then its time to get help in any means. Sadly i am currently occupied with year end projects else i would be glad in providing you the models and rigs.

Actually he is right you have to use different softwares in combination for the modelling and 3D work...

And ya doing your own job is a great way to increase practice at these softwares......

Heheh, guys, I am all for learning to do things yourself. As a matter of fact, before I even made the switch from 2D to 3D I made sure I had learned how to do the art and music for the games as well as the coding and writing I could already do :P The only problem was that, for this demo, my deadline was very fast approaching-- I just would not have time to model and code the thing. Anyway, the deadline has passed and I did have something completed to show so I'm all good :P As soon as I have the extra time I will be learning how to model, however, I think I want to learn HLSL and GLSL before I get to modelling :P