xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelvinc2

Next Uprising Source Power?

Hi everyone, long time since I've posted on Xisto :)So, I was wondering the next uprising power that would the world globally used, I come up with some thoughts about a few, but immedately found its quite unreliable or even umpossible.What i come up to is - magnet, according to a website, the core of the earth contains metals, and as they move, they hit eachother, and then boom magnet appears.. earth is basically, although not a magnet, but have a magnet field.So what I think is that the next generations can figure out a way - magnet car/station/whatever. so basically if we have magnets that is repel to the earth, we can have floating cars around in the next generation ;PThis is what i think, what about you guys? what do you think is the next uprising power that the next generations would depend on?

It would not work. Even though the Earth does have a magnetic field, the field is nowhere near strong enough to lets say, levitate a car...Also, if you were to do that, the objects would only be able to travel magnetic north to magnetic south without any other form of propulsion...The only way to have hover cars is to use some kind of "Anti Gravity Drive"... As Ion Engines would not work if it is raining or the air around you is ionized. But There is one more option...The next "power source" would be refined nuclear fission, then nuclear fusion, refined nuclear fusion, and finally, anti-matter colliders... Before we reach the end of conventional methods of generating electricity/energy, after that we would have to try exotic ways of getting energy, such as siphoning the energy off of a star, or a black hole, or even siphoning zero point energy (which holds as energy as wide as the universe itself...)Energy and resources are our "weakness" if we had a zero-point energy extractor right now, we would all have houses with cold-plasma shields, and hover cars, and spacecraft that can reach like 50% the speed of light...We will never know what the next type of energy source would be... Who knows, maybe SETI finds an alien species who'll give us an unlimited source of electricity the next day...

your idea was simular my idea of a service where cars drive you, a system of electromagnets under the roads turn on and off in order to move the car, sort of like a tram but you stick in the post code etc like satalite navigation, and your car takes you their, no more crashes unless the system screws up, you still have to be qualified to drive though since it would need manual mode for driveways/parking etc. also incase of power failure.

Same i haven't posted in a whole year - i lost the password for this account :)On the news about 6 months ago there were people who never had mains electricity ever. They all had to use huge dynamo's which lasted about 3 hours at a time. I thought that was a brilliant idea, but they hated it because it was hard work - I was always told you have to work for the reward?Solar Panels a good one - except they dont work at night :)

csp4.0: definitely, if in the future there is an option to quickly go to north pole (by magnet) then at least it is an prototype to what I was thinking.. I agree with you, but what happens is, if we are to be using zero point energy, then we can actually go light-speed, (well light speed is the highest speed - only for humanity) I've heard that in space there is a special energy that will affect the whole universe, what happens is if you are to be in the space, and you met this force, you will be even faster than light-speed. although I have no idea what this force is. the space is full of mysterious, theres a novel that talks about this force, which states that at their time, no space ships will have engine, they all connect to this force, and this energy force will bring them to wherever plant they want to. I really doubt though, that there is something faster than lightspeed.

Well, Read a book called "Hover Car" (I think), by Matthew Reilly (I think), it is a book about "Hover Cars" which travel on roads with electromagnets, and the cars literally "hover", however, it would not be such a good idea in real life. As, even though the friction between the tyres and the road has been eliminated, it will be VERY costly putting electromagnets under every road and electrifying them, making them... Impossible...@kelvinc 2Your idea about using the Earth's own electromagnetism would not work as planned... The Earth is due for a polarity reversal, where the magnetic field would almost disappear completely, making development of these technologies useless as the Earth would have basically no magnetic field for a century, and a VERY unstable magnetic field for a further 50 years... It COULD work in theory as the magnetic fields generated by the electromagnets on a MAGLEV train are LESS than the Earth's own magnetic field, but atleast it can go anywhere and not just magnetic north-magnetic south...Einstein is the biggest "speed cop" in history... Not only does he say you can't go faster than the speed of light, he won't allow you to!But there are loopholes, watch "Alien Engineering" Both Parts 1 & 2...It explains wormhole generators and warp drives... Wormhole generators bend the fabric of space-time and creating a "shortcut" but I highly DOUBT any wormhole generator would even get the FRACTION of the power needed to power it with anything short of a zero-point energy extractor... But a warp drive is possible, imagine bending space time infront of the craft and expanding it behind the craft, have the craft travel at any speed, and accelerate the rate of which space-time is being "bent" to that which is faster than light, and as a result this would propel the "bubble" of space-time forward, all the craft would need to do is to stay inside the "bubble" and it'd be going faster than light without any of the side effects of travelling faster than the speed of light...But why do that? When you can make a Stargate?, Same concept as a wormhole generator except on a smaller scale, only a single-bit matter stream would be required... Which probably wouldn't make the wormhole collapse on itself...

Yes! I think that could be the future of transportation. As far as I magnetic levitation is one of the most efficient ways to transport people and cargo. Since there is no friction involved there is little or no energy lost. And also no friction means speed, great speeds. This technology or it's applications are almost limitless. There is an idea of building a tube with no air in it (as the speed grows so foes the drag caused by air limiting it's potential... no air - no problems) and trains could possibly get to 3000-4000 km/h using magnetic levitation. It's hard to emphasis the importance of the fact that there is no friction involved between any of the parts of the train and the rail. Not only the efficiency and the speed, but it also means that there are no parts that deteriorate over time - wheels or railway.Plus only the part of the rail on which the train is will be turned on. Another huge efficiency advantage... Plus there is no pollution involved and it is totally silent. And since everything works on electricity, it is ready for a future where electricity can be produced so cheaply it will almost become free. It is by all standards a technology for the (near) future.

Interesting theory here, and one that would definitely be able to be put into use.I saw a few posts where people said it would not be possible. I think it is.If you watch commercials, or go to stores and look at flashlights, there are a few now that run off magnets that slide back and forth inside to create the energy. I think it's just a matter of time before someone comes up with a way to adapt that into a much bigger source of energy for vehicles and stuff.