xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

Avg And Keyloggers Oh, how I love AVG

I was just so curious about how keyloggers work and I also wanted to get my girlfriends passwords, so I thought of installing a keylogger. I downloaded three keyloggers from bestfreewaredownloads.com and installed them one by one. The result was the same. The installation goes through smoothly but the program does not run. Try launching it from wherever you want but it wont do anything. Now I know why I don't have warnings poping up every now and then about the threats that I have on my machine. AVG takes care of business and does not need to brag about how many things it is blocking.Although I really think no antivirus can be near perfect I think AVG is good. If I had the money I would be using Kaspersky though.

Hmmm.....Deleting or blocking viruses without annoying popups is some good feature of any antivirus. Many times it is advantage. But some times it is disadvantage as well. Because, some times it will create confusion.

There are things called false positives. Which means the antivirus software mistakenly treat some programs as viruses. For example most antiviruses will show cracking and hacking tools like your keyloggers as viruses because these programs have some virus(or trojan) looking patterns.

If the Anti-Virus software will ask us what to do...then we can choose to run these programs or delete them. So no need to worry. But...whenever we tried to install them and if the antivirus is deleting them without our knowledge then we don't know what is happening and what is the problem. This is disadvantage.

But I agree, Deleting or blocking viruses in the background is very advantageous for all non-technical users. No annoying popups for them. By default AVG does this. Almost all antivirus has this feature but we need to change the settings.