xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Techno/trance

Just wondering if you guys have heard of (In order that come to mind) Safri Duo, Ian Van Dahl, Dj Tiesto, Barthezz. They're basically the only trance that i can thank of at the moment that i listen to, if you guys know of these post your views and such. And if not heck, post your favourite Trance or Techno artists.I dunno if this is the write forums for this, so don't flame me if it isnt .*Edit* I'd definately recommend Chicane for easy listening, great beats and tunes *Edit*Cheers--------------------------------------------------------------------------------No matter your status factors we hold in humble, no matter your foundation of solid, things can crumble. No matter the strength or length up to sustain, it never stays the same that's simply what the seasons change.

Well I've heard of Ian van Dahl and Safri Duo. I even liked some of their songs once, but I'm not into that kind of music... I don't say it's bad but just my taste is a bit different, but it totally depends on the mood, some day I can listen to that kind of music as well :D

I think what you call trance is very much mainstream. Have a look/listen to skazi, dj tristan (UK), Sun Project, infected mushrooms or labels like sunset, usta, dragonflyrecords. A good source to by any new trance is Chaishop (German Site)

I listen to DJ Sammy, bt, paul oakenfold, bus stop, and any, as I call it, "organic techno"(techno with real instruments) such as joe satriani or blue man group. Also all the groups listed below...Well, if you're looking for some new trance music, stop by your local best buy or go to http://www.bestbuy.com/ and find a cd called "A Trip In Trance" This is a 2 cd package and both cd's are packed full of trance hits. Here's a list of the artists:Midtone, sonorous, above & beyond, push vs. Globe, hemstock & jennings, hiver & hammer ft. Javah, supakane, dj cor fijneman ft. Jan johnston, darren tate vs. Jono grant, gtr, holden & thompson, oceanforce, paul van dyk, aluna... CD 2: northbound, traxxor, dj blackbird, khaan, inqdine, bee dee, evangelion, inner vibes, privilege, dj peke, trancepulse inc., dob xl, dj tosh, nb, szartd&trancejax, gate 42.Also look for the water dance music cd "this is trance" its a bit more "mainstream" as far as trance goes.For a change of pace, check out happy hardcore. The only cd I've ever see of it is called "happy2bhardcore" It is speed techno with rockin beats and goofy vocal effects. Another great subgenre is drum and bass/breakbeats. I don't think either would be good by itself, but together they make for some interesting songs. A good cd for that is xperience drum & bass.Finally, last but not least, chillout. Its like coldplay or radiohead on sedatives. Or dido. Its all very mello and soothing. Good for sleeping. Just look around for chillout, as it is one of the more popular subgenre for collections.If all else fails, locate yourself a copy of dance dance revolution for dreamcast/playstation/ps2 and dance your heart out.