xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enhu

Please Help With My Blackout Monitor dyou have any idea why this happen or how to fix this?

My monitor just turned black and i can't even see a thing there. i can see the yellowish light below the screen that its on but the screen is totally black.just today, i have tried for 5 hours trying to google a solution and so please please please any tip there is greatly appreciated.i cant join the forum anymore once my sister arrive because this is really her desktop i'm using right now. :)

Before concluding that you need to get a new monitor, i will suggest a couple of things that you should test out before doing so:

Restart your computer (assuming the monitor is hooked into it). (Don't ask me why but this has solved my problem before when i turned on my computer without the monitor being hooked to it.)

Plug your monitor into your sister's computer and see if it works there. If so, it could be your graphics card, operating system or motherboard (yes, i say this in order of priority).

Plug your sister's monitor into your computer.

If none of these help or provide insight, and if all the pins on the end of the monitor port are still there, then it might then be safe to assume you need a new monitor or other hardware. However, you can wait to see what others have to say.

It works when i plug my monitor to my sister's computer. My sister said all i have to do is to clean my computer, take out those video card, memory card and clean it. and when i put it back, it now works fine. thanks :)although i'm not sure whether its really fixed but it now works fine. I have backup my files now before it ruins everything.

It works when i plug my monitor to my sister's computer. My sister said all i have to do is to clean my computer, take out those video card, memory card and clean it.
and when i put it back, it now works fine.

although i'm not sure whether its really fixed but it now works fine.
I have backup my files now before it ruins everything.

Always good litening to your sister. Also you may want to make sure of
Viruses. some can disable drivers such as this

It works when i plug my monitor to my sister's computer. My sister said all i have to do is to clean my computer, take out those video card, memory card and clean it.
and when i put it back, it now works fine.

although i'm not sure whether its really fixed but it now works fine.
I have backup my files now before it ruins everything.

Congrats for that. :D Usually RAM is the main reason for most of the problems like this. When you face any problems like this or continuous restarting at sartup etc....first check the RAM modules. Remove the RAM clean it and install it again. Or change it from one RAM slot to another slot. Usually this will fix most problems. :)