xisto Community
sudhir

Important Matter....!

I am creating this topic to discuss some important matter. On Nov,14th,2008 i had a chat at Live Chat support for the issue regarding Resetting of my login details. See the copy of conversation below:

Message generated by CCS - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Please Wait while connecting to an operator

You''re connected to operator - Jim

Jim: Hello

Jim: How can I help you ?

User: hello

User: i am owner of lovesquad.net

Jim: ok

User: and i have sent ticket 2 - 3 times

Jim: please let me know your issue

User: for the resetting of my root password for the vps

User: my password is not working and i am unable to login to my root

Jim: Please use below login details to access your whm account.Url: [Login] (Hided by me): rootPassword: [PASSWORD] (Hided by me)

User: k let me try

User: thanx.

User: its working

Here i want to divert everyones attention towards the matter that support member gave me my login details without asking any kind of question to verify that i am the real owner or some fake one. I think that this can create a serious problem if the server password is passed to some handz.

First of all, when talking with live support you are logged in with your Xisto - Support Account, which lists your details and the plan you have. I think the chat operator can see this information, and know that it is you, and not somebody pretending to be you.

1. We get thousands of REQUESTS to reset username and password and all of them are asked to send email.2. Once you come to LIVE CHAT, We have your IP address and your E-Mail Account.3. Your username/password issue has been reset 3-4 times in the past 2 days.4. If you feel that we are not doing our job properly, you are free to choose a different provider.

First of all, when talking with live support you are logged in with your Xisto - Support Account, which lists your details and the plan you have. I think the chat operator can see this information, and know that it is you, and not somebody pretending to be you.

Bro at that time i was chatting with the live support without logging in anywhere. I jst opened Xisto - Web Hosting site and then in the support column i clicked on the live support link and it doesnt need any login or neither any email. Edited by sudhir (see edit history)

Cookies are used to determine the Account and user name, etc. The information is persistent to your account.

Bro at that time i was chatting with the live support without logging in anywhere. I jst opened Xisto - Web Hosting site and then in the support column i clicked on the live support link and it doesnt need any login or neither any email.

AGAIN, please read OpaQue's response. we CHECK the ip a client uses when he goes to the Live Chat. The name and language a client uses online is also recorded and tallied. The person you spoke to is a Level 3 Engineer so if he had felt that you were a fraudulent person he would have blocked your ip without a second thought.

Also, for security reasons we ask you to send only tickets for password resets. BECAUSE when you send tickets the admins handling the chats are sent details about your account therefore preventing any kind of fraud members from getting the password.

Kindly note that if you have any problems then it is always recommended that you send an email to COMPLAINTS AT Xisto - Web Hosting DOT COM because only Shree or myself can take necessary actions/precautions for your account.

VPS are provided with Root access and VPS owners are advised to keep their passwords safe.We have received 4 tickets from you requesting password to be reset by us in the last 3 days.For your reference, these are the TICKET IDs.SYY-494794 resend login details... ---------- 2008 Nov 13 08:42 PMDXM-925882 resend login details for my whm ---------- 2008 Nov 13 09:25 PMRMG-954500 Fwd: vps details ---------- 2008 Nov 15 03:26 PMEMO-235782 Login details..... ---------- 2008 Nov 15 05:21 PMI have checked all the tickets and all have been responded. Hence I hope, you now have correct login details and are able to use your VPS.Regards,Shree