xisto Community
Lyon2

$100 Laptop To Be Sold In Europe Amazing opportunity, do you not think so?

News Title: $100 laptop to be sold in Europe
Source link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I bought a new laptop 2 months ago for myself, it is very good, it cost me 600 euros, but i predict that i am going to buy another laptop again in a few months, trusting that this news are true and real, which i do not doubt a bit, the source is credible, i checked it.

If a $100 laoptop is going to be selled in Europe, i am sure that the request and demand for this laptops will rise, so i hope the price of the offer does not rise too (The law of the demand and offer, economy law).

This deal is going to be very good for schools, as it is in some parts of the world, but also for particular individuals, small to medium companies too, because now i think that every company will invest in this laptops instead of investing in home/office personal computers, what do you think?

Schools in Europe have now a good chance to buy laptops to its teachers, and students will have a great and unique opportunity to own a laptop to help in their study, create papers for their classes, et cetera, do not think so?

I will buy a $100 laptop for me, and what about you?

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

It's interesting to know that waiting pays off.I was actually thinking of picking up one of these PCs for use and experimentation... with it being nigh-indestructible and easy for kids to use. I'd love to pick them up for my girlfriend's kids, but they're a little out of my budget at the moment.These things seem awesome. There have been demonstrations of children taking apart and putting back together these things, and the fact that the Linux interface provided with these laptops is easy enough for anyone to use. Combine that with automatic peer-to-peer network connectivity, WiFi, a chassis that can survive extreme heat and cold, dust-resistant and if I remember correctly a rugged, water-resistant design, and wrap all that up in a package less than $200 is a winner in a lot of books... putting every kids laptop you see for $80 or more at your local Toys 'R Us to shame.I'm not sure how these things actually work out in reality, as all of my opinions are based on... well... what's told about it, plus the peer reviews that consumers have put out on it, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy three of these for the kids... given that I was a little better off and was able to afford three of them. :lol:

sounds pretty good but i already have a laptop. everyone in my school is provided with a brand new toshiba laptop. they are pretty cool and are resonably small so they are portable.

Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

It is good to know that you already have a laptop joeblogg, and a good one it seems, toshiba is a good company, it creates very good laptops, i know because my first laptop was a toshiba, but now i have a "Packard Bell" laptop, and i assure you that Packard Bell does produce quite good laptops too, it is not a very popular company, at least here in Portugal and even in Europe, but i am a lot satisfied now with it instead of having and owning a toshiba laptop, or a compaq laptop, or even a sony vaio laptop.It is amazing that your school helps you to have your own laptop, that is not usual here in Portugal, if a student wants a laptop, their parents must pay for one, and they always must pay at least 200 to 500 euros, for a decent laptop of course.But now, with this company, laptops will be much more accessible to students, which is the most important thing out of this deal, i mean, the most important thing for a country to develop in terms of quality, and also quantity of course, is to make sure that the new and next generation of kids have all the conditions to be good students, because those kids/our kids will substitute us in the future.