xisto Community
StefanScottAlexx

Does 30 Credits = Enough Mycents To Get Free Hosting On Xisto?

Hi -I joined Xisto and made some posts, and my credits were over 30, so I decided to sign up for a Package 2 hosting plan.Then I filled out the form for the Free Hosting Application request, and then I followed the instructions in the reply that later appeared underneath, telling me to sign up at xisto using the same email I used at Xisto, using the Logic Plan (which costs 1.99 USD a month).Very quickly I received 1.00 USD in credits to my xisto billing.My question is: Under the old system (using "credits" from Xisto forum posts after getting one's application approved by a moderator), being over 30 points was enough to sign up for a Package 2 hosting plan. Now under the new system (using "MyCents" transferred from Xisto to xisto), having over 30 credits apparently resulted in 1.00 USD being transferred from Xisto forums to xisto billing. But that's not enough to pay for the first month of hosting on xisto - which costs 1.99 USD.So under the old system, it seems that 30 credits were enough to get started and pay for a month of Package 2 hosting. Now under the new system, having over 30 credits results in 1.00 USD being transferred from Xisto to xisto - but that's not enough to get started and pay for the first month, which costs 1.99 USD. (I have an outstanding balance at xisto billing of 0.99 USD still.)Is this the way the new system is supposed to work? Should I simply continue posting on the forums to get more credits/MyCents and they'll eventually be transferred to xisto billing where I can apply them to my invoice?I want to make sure I pay off the Invoice using MyCents by tomorrow - because the free (sub-)domain name I registered is only reserved for the first 48 hours. I have to complete the setup for the free (sub-)domain name (at co.cc) within 48 hours of requesting it (I requested it Nov 11, 2008 at co.cc), or they'll cancel it. So I want to make sure I pay my xisto invoice by tomorrow (Nov 12, 2008) so that the new free (sub-)domain won't get cancelled.

Hi -

I joined Xisto and made some posts, and my credits were over 30, so I decided to sign up for a Package 2 hosting plan.

I want to make sure I pay off the Invoice using MyCents by tomorrow - because the free (sub-)domain name I registered is only reserved for the first 48 hours. I have to complete the setup for the free (sub-)domain name (at co.cc) within 48 hours of requesting it (I requested it Nov 11, 2008 at co.cc), or they'll cancel it. So I want to make sure I pay my xisto invoice by tomorrow (Nov 12, 2008) so that the new free (sub-)domain won't get cancelled.

Actually now I have 52.96 credits on the Xisto forums - how much is this worth in MyCents? Should I just wait a few hours and keep checking my email to see if more MyCents get transferred from Xisto to xisto?

The formula for awarding 'myCents' is different than the formula for 'credits'. Also, there is a time-lag built into the system for myCents. You may need to wait for the system to catch-up to your posts in order to compare the values fairly. The Credit system is instantaneous.

You should also understand that under the old system, 30 credits were enough to sign up for the plan, but after you signed up for the plan you had to pay 1 credit per day to keep your hosting account active. With the myCent system you are paying in advance, so for example, if you sign up for a year of hosting you technically do not have to have any myCents for that entire year since you already payed for it.

I'm still happy that I'm still hosted under the old system and that I simply have to post each day :lol:

There will come a point when the old Credit system will no longer be used. Any accounts which have not transferred to myCENT will get removed. I suggest you sign up at https://support.xisto.com/ using the same email address you use on the forums and start earning myCENTs as soon as you can.

Hi -
I joined Xisto and made some posts, and my credits were over 30, so I decided to sign up for a Package 2 hosting plan.

Then I filled out the form for the Free Hosting Application request, and then I followed the instructions in the reply that later appeared underneath, telling me to sign up at xisto using the same email I used at Xisto, using the Logic Plan (which costs 1.99 USD a month).

Very quickly I received 1.00 USD in credits to my xisto billing.

My question is: Under the old system (using "credits" from Xisto forum posts after getting one's application approved by a moderator), being over 30 points was enough to sign up for a Package 2 hosting plan. Now under the new system (using "MyCents" transferred from Xisto to xisto), having over 30 credits apparently resulted in 1.00 USD being transferred from Xisto forums to xisto billing. But that's not enough to pay for the first month of hosting on xisto - which costs 1.99 USD.

So under the old system, it seems that 30 credits were enough to get started and pay for a month of Package 2 hosting. Now under the new system, having over 30 credits results in 1.00 USD being transferred from Xisto to xisto - but that's not enough to get started and pay for the first month, which costs 1.99 USD. (I have an outstanding balance at xisto billing of 0.99 USD still.)

Is this the way the new system is supposed to work? Should I simply continue posting on the forums to get more credits/MyCents and they'll eventually be transferred to xisto billing where I can apply them to my invoice?

I want to make sure I pay off the Invoice using MyCents by tomorrow - because the free (sub-)domain name I registered is only reserved for the first 48 hours. I have to complete the setup for the free (sub-)domain name (at co.cc) within 48 hours of requesting it (I requested it Nov 11, 2008 at co.cc), or they'll cancel it. So I want to make sure I pay my xisto invoice by tomorrow (Nov 12, 2008) so that the new free (sub-)domain won't get cancelled.

Like it was mentioned another post, the amount earn per character is different for both systems and so there is no real way to gauge what a hosting credit to MyCent is because of the time delay under MyCents. You want to post for MyCents and MyCent's only and from my understand the hosting application you see on the forums is pretty much obsolete because now your hosting account will be reviewed from the billing site.

I'm still happy that I'm still hosted under the old system and that I simply have to post each day :lol:

Enjoy it while it last because the old system will be turned off and any accounts not yet transferred will be deleted.