xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
StefanScottAlexx

Medical Care Is 3rd Leading Cause Of Death In U.s.

Indeed, that surprised me. I thought I was gonna read, the lack of medical care that is, but it's really the medical care itself that's the 3rd leading cause of death. Amazing.. I wonder how they had such a high reputation..

I thought it would be higher up than just third...If you guys have been watching Scrubs, on one episode Dr. Cox even says that "Our job isn't to keep people alive, it is to give them a short while longer to live" or something along those lines.I vote for Army hospitals being the worst though.

Most people that do go to hospital or end up staying in hospital for a while are usually there for a serious reason and may have underlying conditions predisposing them to infections etc already.Those are really worrying statistics though, sounds like the US health care system has alot to improve on.I think the really 'good' reputation that the US healthcare system has is based on the fact that there is so much money and technology pumped into it that many of the 'advances' in Medicine and the cutting edge research is done there.For example, perhaps only the US has the facilities to do the latest high tech operations (e.g. that woman who recently had the entire face transplant) and the training facilities to train doctors to be able to perform such procedures.Therefore alot of these new technologies are only available in the US so many people go there for treatment. It doesnt mean the health system as a whole is very good or running very efficiently.

Edited by y4nzi (see edit history)