xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ruben

No Child Left Behind

At most public schools in the US they have a policy where no child is left behind. If you didn't already know this means, it is if you are super advanced in your class, you will have to wait while the other slower students catch up. Some people have hours and hours of school wasted because they don't have different skills groups. Now, I do know that they are doing this because they are worried about kids self esteem. Well, at least that is what I think. I would like to know from all of you, what do you think about this?

I think its bad, If people are wasting hours and hours of time, there needs to bea better settin system, so that the slower students can learn at a slower rate than the faster learning students, so the top people in each set do not have to wait as long for the slowest in their sets to catch up.I presume the is a system in place for that in most schools.But I think its stupid. People should not be prevented from learning with their full potential, because seomeone else cant learn at the same rate as them.

I find that this problem of holding back the "smart" students may occur in small school districts. Students in these small schools cannot be segregated by leaning abilities because of staffing problems. This should be taken up by the school board.

In the larger districts, segregation by abilities is afforded and usually offered. When I was in high school, we had what was called "Advanced" courses. These courses were set up for the students that excelled in their scholastic abilities. I was taking college courses in my senior year of high school. That really came in handy when I took entrance exams. I was able to ace my math. :lol:

I find that this problem of holding back the "smart" students may occur in small school districts. Students in these small schools cannot be segregated by leaning abilities because of staffing problems. This should be taken up by the school board.

In the larger districts, segregation by abilities is afforded and usually offered. When I was in high school, we had what was called "Advanced" courses. These courses were set up for the students that excelled in their scholastic abilities. I was taking college courses in my senior year of high school. That really came in handy when I took entrance exams. I was able to ace my math. :lol:

Exactly! At most high schools that I know of do that same system too. For example, they would have classes called "zero hour classes." This is when you would come to school early to learn an advanced class, also different skills groups were offered throughout the day.