xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

This Fantastic Carrot Cake Recipe!

This is the best recipe I have ever tasted, I made it the other day and I thought I had to share!!Ingredients:2 cups sugar2 cups flour1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cinnamon3 cups finely shredded carrots1 cup oil4 eggs3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)Icing:1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese1/2-1 cup margarine2 teaspoons vanilla3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar1. Mix dry cake ingredients.2. Add carrots, oil and eggs.3. Stir till all is wet.4. Add nuts, (optional) Put in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.5. Bake at 325* for 50-55 minutes .6. Cool.7. Cream together cream cheese, margarine, vanilla Add powdered sugar.8. Spread over cooled cake.Please make it, you will love it :lol: A200

This is the best recipe I have ever tasted, I made it the other day and I thought I had to share!!
Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup oil
4 eggs
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Icing:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2-1 cup margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar

1. Mix dry cake ingredients.
2. Add carrots, oil and eggs.
3. Stir till all is wet.
4. Add nuts, (optional) Put in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
5. Bake at 325* for 50-55 minutes .
6. Cool.
7. Cream together cream cheese, margarine, vanilla Add powdered sugar.
8. Spread over cooled cake.

Please make it, you will love it :D

A200

I was a baker for a gourmet caterer and our carrot cake was served in some of the finest homes in the Washington, D. C. area. In addition to the usual carrots, it also contained, pineapple, golden raisins, walnuts and coconut. It was a double layer, 9" cake, with the usual cream cheese icing and cost $55.00 each.