xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

Social Networks

So I was trolling through emails and performing daily site checks to keep updated and make sure I don?t miss anything important (sarcasm), when I clicked through my Bebo and Facebook, it was then I realize how ridiculous these sore arsed MySpace rips are. I say sore arsed due to the amount of butt *BLEEP*ing they get from adolescents and anyone else wishing they could still be adolescent, the young at heart. I start with the usual notification check on Facebook, only to be bombarded with tens if not hundreds of requests to join some ridiculous application or quiz that someone, who isn?t really your friend but thought it would be fun to add you anyway, did and think you should as well, so they get more points in some sort of way to further prolong their face plant into the world of boredom. On second thought the only reason I can think they would add such ridiculous applications is to some way crawl out of the pit of boredom, well, either that or in the endeavor of seeking self gratification from people they barely know.So I frantically put my forefinger to use, ignoring every sycophantic application telling me how much of a ?hottie? I am and how much everyone else on Facebook thinks so as well. Feeling no remorse from ignoring every request for a hug sent my way either from a friend or ?Facebook friend?, I proceeded to then wade through the sea of invites brought on by overzealous mouse finger accepting every friend add that pops up, and it?s only then when I came to terms with how many ?friends? on my Facebook I actually knew, for all I know half of them are greasy haired 40 year olds lurking on my profile, clicking through my pictures with a mental hard on.Ignoring the constant orange flashing coming from my tool bar, alerting me of a nothing more than an msn emotion, sent to make a *BLEEP* conversation suddenly controversial and interesting, I click on to my boringly reliable and straight to the point Bebo. Right? Wrong? Bebo decided they would sell out just like Facebook and add the new application function. Great, more cannon fodder for the ignore button, daily interest turned chore. I?ve always defended Bebo, saying its changes wall and overall format certainly outweighs the constant spam of chain mail from MySpace or application crazed Facebook. But even ?Bebo checking? has now become a tedious chore, in an otherwise cascade of internet diarrhea. But even after all this, I still find myself hooked to both websites, kind of like how drunken singer; Amy Winehouse is to crack. So, I continue to indulge in the daily band wagon ride, knowing know that someone, somewhere is designing yet another message based website of self gratification and boredom control, hoping that I don?t get sucked in like a dust ball to a vacuum cleaner. In internal procrastination over the decision to whether or not to delete of my account, like a suicidal on a roof top playing eye spy.

I've only used facebook for a short time (one month) but I think the problem your having has nothing to do with face book but the friends you initially added. How did you get a 40 year old as a friend you must of added him at some point lol. And the invites your getting for joining in them games I got them too initially from friends but I let them know that it was nice that they invited me to join but I let them know that I probably wouldn't have the time to join in them. They don''t send me those invites anymore so what I'm saying is maybe you should start removing those people you aren't really your friends instead of keeping them around for friend counts.