xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Se?or Maniac

What Are Your Views On Getting Drugs From Canada? And I am not talking about the illegals.

I personally think that it is a good idea. I think that if people want to pay less for there drugs they should be able to. I think that it is wrong that when you have a company that makes the same drugs in Canada and America that American citizens have to pay more. Also since they are made by the same company they should pass inspections. What are your views?

In India, I feel medication is the cheapest. The Government pays for vaccinations for the 1 billion + population. especially the polio vaccine and hepatysis. It pays a major percent of the vaccine and makes then available to public. Not only that, it also does excessive advertising and mass media publishing ( which costs a lot ) so that even the illeterates are aware of them.It does not only end here, the vaccines are adminstratored by officials who go door by door and inspect. Ok, also there are government assigned doctors who do free treatment. Not only the treatment, but the medicines are also free. I dont think, medicines from Glaxo, Cipla etc are free. Naturally its the government which is paying for all that. I dont know how the government here even manages it, but it is cool.Students who are studying Medical science are encouraged to go to remote parts of India and treat people. The medications are again provided by the government.

Importing drugs and medical items from different countries only goes to lower our economy and weaken the lready fragile relationship between the consumers and the producers in this country. Granted they really need to stop either making it so expensive or they need to try to come to better terms with insurance, but going somewhere else hurts the whole country and not just them.

Importing drugs and medical items from different countries only goes to lower our economy and weaken the lready fragile relationship between the consumers and the producers in this country. Granted they really need to stop either making it so expensive or they need to try to come to better terms with insurance, but going somewhere else hurts the whole country and not just them.

43144[/snapback]

Spawn, I agree with you on the point that we in America need to have 1. the cost reduced or 2. have the government kick in some (even though only a bandage to the real problem with the money-grubbing prescription companies). As far as Canada is concerned I don't have a problem getting drugs from them at a lower cost and I don't see it as a dangerous thing....you don't see Canadians dropping dead from taking the same medicine and their focus is to encourage lots of sales from americans and if this is tainted by producing/supplying bad drugs then Canada will lose financial gain. On the surface it seems like a win/win situation. The government is ticked off because they can't receive taxes on the millions of dollars given to Canada. I don't feel sorry for the prescription companies for losing a few million. Lord knows they've ripped off decent american citizens long enough and have reaped the benefits for years. Maybe this will scare them a little into thinking that people still have a choice and hit them where it really hurts--in their pocketbooks. (sorry, didn't mean to ramble and I'll slowly step down from my soapbox...)

For The People,

Abraham Lincoln :P

Im from Canada and i like the health plan there where are taxes cover the costs not you must have the money or get out of here. It would be good for Americans that need medication for less money because maybe they cant afford medication in the U.S. But it could become a problem if to many Americans got to Canada for there medication because its pausible that there could be a shortage of medication which where not be that good.

I think its a wonderful thing. perscription drugs are so expensive as it is. My husband who has epilepsy and needs medication to controll his seisers has to pay almost 500.00 every three months for his perscription. If getting drugs from canada would be able to help out with the cost it would be great. especially for people on medicaid and for those who don't have perscription benifits. its hard enough to get medical insurance now a days yet alone perscription benifits.

"The current ban should be lifted, therefore, not to encourage reimportation, but to allow the incentives to surface that will 'force' wider use of market practices and the international trade regimes that reflect such practices."

-from Drug Reimportation: The Free Market Solution by Roger Pilon of Cato
The analysis by Pilon is very interesting and expresses my points on this matter. I suggest y'all take a look at it.

The drug industry is huge in the United States. Canada is apparently more efficient and cares more about it's people by helping them afford the drugs when want and need. In American however, the economy comes first. Lobbyists and other rich and powerful people are able to make the drug indistry remain so that it can get the best benefit. The government will make more money this way and the drug companies will make more money if people are forced to buy expensive drugs in the US. They want to keep it this way.This is what America gets for electing Bush. Bush will do whatever it takes to help the economy grow because that will in effect help himself and his business buddies to grow their empire of corporations.It's all about business. Isn't it obvious? I remember a few years ago when i saw the first of those drug commericals. Now, it's a huge industry. Those rich and powerful people who have the money are investing in making new drugs to reap greater benefits from the American people.Ah, don't you just love our country? :D:D

Really?

What Are Your Views On Getting Drugs From Canada?

Replying to gunboundReplying to spawn_syxx9

Spawn:

Not that I disagree with you completely, but what the heck, if they want us to buy their drugs, why don't they lower the prices to be competative with Canada? They are in actuallity, trying to get more money for the same product! What a crock, I am sorry, but the rich get richer in this country, and the rest of us get the shaft! I for one am so sick of the rising prices of everything from Rx to gas to bread and milk, to the cost of health care period! How are we supposed to be able to afford anything anymore? A person's entire paycheck goes to gas, food, healthcare and a home, where is the money for fun and things that we need to stay happy? I will tell you where it is, it is in the pockets of all the drug companies and the government who somehow are still 9 billion in debt because we can't mind our own business and worry about our own country instead of trying to "fix" everyone elses countries!