xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gisellebebegirl

Gay Marriage In California

I never limited it to Christian churches, so you are avoiding my question: Should priests be forced, by law, to go against their faith?

You seem to like pointing out my implications yet you failed to point out that my implied answer was no. Homosexuals aren't trying to go around changing peoples faith.

Secondly, i have already addressed the consequences of marriages being done in an indecent place or a small place in the corner, etc. By stating what homosexuals want, you imply that you speak for them. So i shall ask you what i said i wondered about in the other post: If you can still be together till death do them part without marriage, then why do they want to get married? If it is to give marriage greater value, or if it is to give "being together" a greater value, then why let governments set-up places with lower value for it?

For the reason I stated above as far as benefits which will be further explained below.

In 2007 you can receive a $3,400 exemption for each qualifying child, which may include your child or stepchild, foster child, sibling or stepsibling, or descendants of any of these, such as your grandchild. To qualify for an exemption, the child must live with you more than half of the year and be under 19 at the end of 2007 or under 24 if a full-time student, which is defined as attending school for at least part of five calendar months of the year. You no longer have to show that you provide more than half of the child's support, as required under pre-2005 rules, but the child cannot provide more than half of his or her own support for you to claim an exemption. There is no longer a gross income test for a qualifying child, as long as it does not account for more than half of his or her support. If you're married, you and your spouse are each entitled to a $3,400 personal exemption. (For 2008, exemptions are worth $3,500 each.)

Obviously homosexuals can't give birth to their own children, but a lot of homosexuals do wish to adopt or have a child to claim in some form. See, if you're not married, then only one of the partners can get the exemption instead of both. I don't know about you but that's a good amount of money being saved.

The same person can not be claimed as a dependent by more than one taxpayer, nor can a child who can be claimed as a dependent on his or her parents' return claim a personal exemption on his or her own return.

I'm talking about the middle class here. Obviously if you're making a lot of money you don't want to file as married.

You seem to like pointing out my implications yet you failed to point out that my implied answer was no. Homosexuals aren't trying to go around changing peoples faith.

Looking back at your post, the only part that could possibly imply a "no" is from the part that says homosexuals aren't demanding faith-change from churches. But that doesn't necessarily imply a "No," nor does it expand it to all faiths, since the context was about Christian churches. But at the same time, i would say that they are to some extent trying to change faiths, by having people accept homosexuality as a whole.

For the reason I stated above as far as benefits which will be further explained below.

So it's all about the money and not because they want to live happily ever after together? M'ks; i have my answer now. :lol:

OK... you wanted a example. I gave you ONE example. Don't go trying to turn it into something else and put words into mouth of everyone who wants to have a same-sex marriage.That's what they call a cheap shot. :lol:; A rather low and despicable one too. Lemme guess, you're going to ask me for another example now. Right?

OK... you wanted a example. I gave you ONE example. Don't go trying to turn it into something else and put words into mouth of everyone who wants to have a same-sex marriage.
That's what they call a cheap shot. :lol:; A rather low and despicable one too. Lemme guess, you're going to ask me for another example now. Right?

I don't need another example (since an example isn't necessarily proof), i just want proof that rights are lost by Proposition 8, since you have yet to provide any. You implied that you spoke for homosexuals, and you continued this implication by arguing your point even further without doing away with this implication. I can't be blamed for you providing an example that doesn't make them look good—i don't believe that you couldn't foresee this. They never lost the religious right to marry the opposite gender, and you can't lose what you never had: they never had the religious right to marry the same gender, so no rights are lost.

If you say "But i have provided proof of loss of rights by giving the tax deductions article," that doesn't prove that rights are lost and that it is limited to homosexual singles alone; it includes heterosexual singles as well. For that reason, if indeed any rights are lost, then the heterosexual singles should team up with the homosexual singles in the fight against "the unfairness of tax exemption." But you can't lose what you never previously had.

Therefore, if you are now finding that your first example can no longer properly explain to me why homosexuals seek marriage, then i am left wondering again.

gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. gays are disgusting! god made us so we can reproduce and the only way we can do that is with the opposite sex. that is how all animal species survive they reproduce. gays cannot so therefor they are strange and out of the ordinary. gayness is really gross and should be banned in every country!

yeah maybe i was a bit harsh there. that was probably my most controversial post :lol:

but basically i guess the problem is i don't really understand gay people and there feelings. maybe because i've never met one or talked to one. i just don't think it is really normal and that it isn't normal. but if they really love each other then let them be i guess. what can we do really? its there own (bad) choice!
Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

everyone has the right to choose with whom to share his life, the era of slavery ended, came the release of women, knocked down the wall of Belin, maybe now you play a gay :) but I think that everything is based on respect, as well as they accept our condision that we do not them ?