xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ihost

Google Earth To Feature Underwater Sea Life From Around Britain

Hello all!

I was surfing on the net and fall on a pretty interesting topic. Google wants to make feature underwater sea life from around Britain!

That sounds awesome, but must take a lot of time. There is the link where you can read the article:

Under Sea! -LINK-

I will include here the pictures that were present at this link so you can see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly, This looks wonderful! I wish t hey finish it as soon as possible. It's pretty interesting, because usually we do not have access to underwater places. We can easily see outside areas, but not underwater since we don't have gills! (Hope not =D)...

But yeah, what do you guys think about it? Get any new ideas of what Google could make next?

I certainly wish they can put all undersea, but eventually, good luck with this :)

On another note, they could put some live images from undersea (Since they cannot do it for earth, because of violation of privacy!) but if they do undersea I don't think the fishies will complain!

Tim.

Some it's google earth but underwater? That sounds cool and the pictures look great as well. To answer your question about what can google do next maybe google earth will leave earth and allow you to look through space. That would be hard to do but it would be very cool.If you hear of any updates on this subject be sure to tell us ihost.

Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

Hello all!

I was surfing on the net and fall on a pretty interesting topic. Google wants to make feature underwater sea life from around Britain!

That sounds awesome, but must take a lot of time. There is the link where you can read the article:

Under Sea! -LINK-

I will include here the pictures that were present at this link so you can see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly, This looks wonderful! I wish t hey finish it as soon as possible. It's pretty interesting, because usually we do not have access to underwater places. We can easily see outside areas, but not underwater since we don't have gills! (Hope not =D)...

But yeah, what do you guys think about it? Get any new ideas of what Google could make next?

I certainly wish they can put all undersea, but eventually, good luck with this :P

On another note, they could put some live images from undersea (Since they cannot do it for earth, because of violation of privacy!) but if they do undersea I don't think the fishies will complain!

Tim.

Wow, this will be neat. It will enhance Google Earth, and make it more interactive. I just hope that they take pictures of more from just britan. Maybe they should try to take pictures of something in the middle of the atlantic ocean (Which will be hard). After that, they could probably take some pictures of marine life that lie deep down in the Pacific Ocean :)

Some it's google earth but underwater? That sounds cool and the pictures look great as well. To answer your question about what can google do next maybe google earth will leave earth and allow you to look through space. That would be hard to do but it would be very cool.

If you hear of any updates on this subject be sure to tell us ihost.

I think if it allowed us to look into space, they would need NASA's permission to use some of Hubble Telescope's photographs.

They should probably keep Google Earth as-is, and then make it called Google Space :P

They could take pictures of planets, the astroid belts, different galaxies, etc.

I think its a pretty good idea ;)

I'm pretty sure that Google already launched a space view for Google Earth? It showed some galaxies and stars I think.

But anyway, I like this idea a lot, not only is it interesting to look around the area, but it'd be great for studying underwater plant and animal life.

earth, space, and now underwater? honestly and I hate saying this because I do like some of google earth. But wow what a waste of memory and diskpace. sorry to be a downer but its true.

I think it is a great idea. Why not do it globally! I mean 70%+ of Earth's surface is covered with water, our very presence here is possible thanks to water so it would be like a tribute to it. And besides there is a lot of unused space in Google Earth's Earth. Why not put some kind of bubbles (just like they do for the ground) with pictures and, why not underwater panoramic images.

earth, space, and now underwater? honestly and I hate saying this because I do like some of google earth. But wow what a waste of memory and diskpace. sorry to be a downer but its true.

And I have to disagree with Echo_of_thunder ... any attempt to spread knowledge, wisdom, to make us aware of the world we live in (and are currently destroying) is worth anything and everything. It may eventually convince us to protect our beloved Earth!

Some it's google earth but underwater? That sounds cool and the pictures look great as well. To answer your question about what can google do next maybe google earth will leave earth and allow you to look through space. That would be hard to do but it would be very cool.If you hear of any updates on this subject be sure to tell us ihost.

Yeah, thats a great idea, just wonder how precise it will be and it must be during morning and not too deep under sea otherwise it will be almost impossible to watch it.

For the Google space, it would be really awesome, thats a great idea. Looking at what Jelly said, I've typed space in Google and it gave me this page:
https://www.google.com/space/

So he was right actually. It is not as precise and not clear, but I guess it is understandable... I've tried to have a glance at the moon, but it is really non sense for me, not precise and all, so they still gotta work a lot on those. Otherwise, it could become nice after a while.

You can zoom in from the Google earth on the sky too, but again not that much precise but its normal too.

Tim.

Google is really doing wonders with its Google Earth application! It has already featured 3-D exploration of many US cities with the 3 D buildings and landmarks, then it forayed into space with space view of renowned constellations, planets and galaxies now this is Underwater Sea Life to be added to this application. This really sounds cool. I am astonished with the use and application of technology to this extent. Google has really been too innovative while giving a new definition to the internet. I look forward to use the application to explore the sea life.

I think this is a great idea overall. Google Earth is an awesome system. Nothing beats "walking" down streets that you know and seeing cars/houses you recognize. It's scary to a point though.As for the underwater life....Is this going to be live pictures or just static? And is it going to be like the street ones where you can actually walk around down there and see sharks and stuff, or just "click here for another picture!"?If it's just static images it would be boring, but if it's an actual full-area view where you can look in 360 degree it would be cool.

[Censored word here] awesome!!11!one@12 :P

Seriously it's a fantastic idea from Google and implementing it into Google Earth is too a wise choice from them. This will be just for peeps like me who love procrastinating and not doing any work and this will be the best excuse because 'I am learning the undersea world' or something like that :P

I think this is a great idea overall. Google Earth is an awesome system. Nothing beats "walking" down streets that you know and seeing cars/houses you recognize. It's scary to a point though.

As for the underwater life....Is this going to be live pictures or just static? And is it going to be like the street ones where you can actually walk around down there and see sharks and stuff, or just "click here for another picture!"?

If it's just static images it would be boring, but if it's an actual full-area view where you can look in 360 degree it would be cool.

Hmm... Maybe it will be an active fully rotating area in which you can click on fish that show up on the screen and get details from Wikipedia to hop up on baloons and YouTube and Panoramio pictures too (like the already existing Earth and Sky have).

I'm just curious if the sys. requirements will be bigger and more demanding and every feature to exist in every OS, or else! :P

You know, that's actually a great idea....You could turn it into a game at school as well. "Guess this fish" or something.I think it would be especially helpful with oceanic classes.It would be much better if the video was live though, :P

Wow wonderful, this is great. I must say it, Google can do anything! It looks very interesting and the images are so beautiful, I can't wait to see the real thing :)Seems like Google has all the good ideas...