xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Snow earliest in 15 yrs

yea I saw on the weather channel that London had snow. so pretty. been trying to get with a friend from there to see if he took any photos. still havent heard a peepl :D

I dont see how that is spam as you're not trying to sell or advertise anything, just making a passing comment. In UK we used to have pretty much guaranteed snow every year (in the South this is) and the's a big lake in my hometown that would freeze over hard enough for people to drive cars on in the winter. The wierd thing is, none of that had happened for about 15 years. Barely any snow only a centemetre or so and the lake never freezes hard enough to even walk on. Thats a shame because I used to enjoy skating on such a big surface. It was awesome because it was like something extra to do when you got bored.Maybe global warming really is happening, but some areas of the world are colder than ever so I dont know what to make of it. It doesnt make sense to blame record cold spells on global warming. "The coldest decade ever on record - this is due to global warming." - wtf? Actually I think something really is happening. Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa - a 5000 metre mountain - has no snow on top any more. This is unheard of. That's like what it is. There's nothing crazy enough to compare it to. When I saw those photos I thought - maybe global warming is true after all.

Wow..you folks are kinda "lucky"! I live in Africa and no snow comes down here!
I don't know what's better to be shivering all the time or to be swimming all day long!

Africa is hot guys! right now its around 32 degrees and i feel like taking a dive.

Can't wait to feel how cold it really is that side at this time of the year!
Edited by africa (see edit history)