xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Natural Looking Eye Makeup

1. Clean the area around your eyes. Makeup needs a good clean surface to stick to.

2. Line the top eyelids under your eyelashes with an eyeliner that is the brown or black (depending on the lightness of your skin). This might take a little practice, and some time.

3. Take a color of eyeshadow, about 3 shades lighter than your natural eyelid color. Using a sponge eye shadow brush, sweep a few light layers on.

4. Take a color of eyeshadow that is about 3 shades darker than your natural crease color. Using an eyeliner brush (or clean lip brush), apply this into the crease. It should be blended into the eyelid color. NOT STREAKY.

5. Now take a lighter of your natural skin color (VERY light) and apply this right below your brows. Remember, it should be blended into the crease color.

6. Lightly apply a little brown eyeliner (if you have light skin) or dark brown/black eyeliner (if you have dark skin.)

7. Curl your eyelashes.

8. Apply a clear mascara (unless of course you have very light eye lashes, then apply dark brown or black mascara.)

Tips to remember:

ALWAYS use a color that fits you. Everyone has colors that look good on them, and everyone also has colors that look bad on them. The same color that your (enter a race other than yours here) friend uses may or may not look good on your (enter your race here) skin. And that's okay!

Most men agree, the natural look is the best on a woman. But hey, makeup is just so much fun! So remember, try to keep it as natural as possible. This is, in fact, a more day time look. Now when you go out at night, it's okay to bust out the purples and whatnot. Just remember, limit yourself, you don't want to look like a parrot.

Clean your face before you put makeup on, and MOISTERISE! Some makeup contains chemicals that dry out the skin.

Always take makeup off before you go to sleep (sooner if possible) and moisterize then too.

Awww, you did not care about things like this before, right Mermaid? Another tips: If you want the eye-shadow to look great through the whole day using a primer that is made for this specific use before applying the eye-shadow. The eye-shadow often turns streaky or "disappear" into the lines of your eyes... and that does not look very good. I can not remember the name of a really good one right know, but I will be sure to mention it if I remember it.

Thanks for sharing the tips, actually, natural eye makeup technique will apply to most women. Follow the steps below for a beautiful basic eye makeup application that works for different eye shapes. If necessary, you may vary your eye makeup application depending on your eye shape. I think two points must be taken care of,1. Apply light eyeshadow from lash to brow to open your eyes. Use neutral colors.2. Apply medium color to your eyelid crease and blend up to the brow bone. This shade should be close to your natural skin color. This will give slight depth to eyes.

Just what I was looking for! I am not much of a makeup person, but sometimes you do need something extra to feel special. Sooooo I am a novice at this, but I'll share a few things that work for me to make my eye makeup look....well.....not so made-up !1) I do not use highly pigmented and very dark shades of eyeliners. Subtle shades like brown, blue or gray define my eyes just enough to be worn for a daytime, office look. And ofcourse, there is less chance of ending up with ghastly, smudged eyes when the weather is humid.2) Don't line the inner corner of your eyes if you want them to look big.3) Use pure coconut or olive oil swipe to remove the makeup. They are not only gentle but also hydrate your eyes and reduce any irritation that you might get from the makeup products.