xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
innosia

Being Obedient And Being Conscious

Hi all, today I am still thinking a topic "Being Obedient" and what really makes me think is, the different with "Being Conscious". I just feel that both of them differs so much that "Being Obedient" is just a way to satisfy others need, not to spiritually enhance ourselves? The reason for this topic to come out, is because that I am currently living in an environment that we need to become obedient! Why! Because I live in a temple of my father's friend, which means that as a member of this Tao spiritual group I need to become obedient, so that I could stand out among of the members there, I need to strive to change every members' view about me, I need to make them feel happy and how they can make me obey them, is that really something good for me? Somehow, in some people's life, there is no more things to worry about, they keep pursuing for happiness, which by common folk means money, but it is endless for pursuing money, so where did they had to go for happiness? Happiness not only means money, but also being admitted. We are human that needs attention, that is the reason why we all suffer if people around us is being indifferently to us. We need someone, something, but for some reasons we are being forced by realistic environment to keep all of our desires inside ourselves, thus we are closing ourselves deep inside, we are unable to express our trueselves we are force to live in a way in the wilderness of this world, thus are we really happy? Singapore is a difficult society, everybody is much being indifferently to anyone, they are not warm hearted like where a life in a village is, this is a social impact for modernized environment, everybody is driven to strive their life to attain the fulfillment of owning everything, every modernized needs, that's really make them attach to those things, so that they are unable to become harmony with nature. So what's the big deal of not being harmonized with nature? People that is not harmonized to nature or surroundings will not understand even their ownselves. The biggest challenge of us is not how to understand others, but is to understand ourselves. At this moment, I live in this temple with one junior school boy, two young ladies, and one auntie. We are all guests in this temple and live there because we are foreigner and need a place to stay in Singapore. At first, when I come there, I don't know there is so much political issue even in temple (its just like you are a politician inside that temple). When I come there, I was told that this junior school boy, who stayed there for already a year, is a problematic boy, he does not like to go to school, and his parent in Myanmar is working so hard to pay his Singapore school fee, and yet he doesn't feel gratitude. Then in my mind, there is like such a faint voice, it seems that they have some plan and want me to do that. So in this temple, more and more people is judging this boy in front of my present, as if I am the one blaming this boy. And until then, I know that I am a spacegoat for their plan. I see that how many seniors in this Tao Temple are designing their politic strategies, pushing people that they like or their friend to become a more welcome one in this Tao Temple, while every senior has their own person (who they brought in), so they are practically trying to get rid of other senior's power in the Temple. And more things that make me sad is, two days ago I am going with this auntie that stays in this temple too, I with this auntie go to McDonald to eat, and after we come back, I just realize that a senior is inside the temple (while usually there is nobody at home). Then this senior quickly come to me and forbid me going out with ladies, they say that this old auntie is tempting me and woman and man should not go together from that moment I had a feeling of no good, which means that my position in this temple is going down and my popularity is no more in a stable condition and I will soon need to leave if I do more mistakes. Then a day later, this senior sent a word via the young ladies (staying in this temple too) to me, which means the senior is not telling me directly in word, the senior is like using the politics to make this girl feels higher than me and more obedient thus this girl need to have an eye on me, while the other time, the senior is telling me the other's disciple's bad word. The senior perhaps practising one of her Tao teachings? I begin to think so, since not only her (this senior) but also the other senior like the leader of this senior is also doing the same thing. Which means that they dislike anything harmony from the temple's resident. Their spiritual view is like who is the more obedient to them is the one who is highly cultivated, which in other words means that the one obey them is the one those go to heaven. They claim their spiritual teachings is like much better than other religions but practically its the same or even much worser. They drive the resident to think selfish and secular, keep sow discord us, everytime they advice us, they are just showing to the others around them, that they are so powerful, to show their seniority, that is why they are falling into the vanity and yet they does not understand, they are being controlled by the desire of power, by the desire of acknowledgement, their vanity rules them. Then, what we (resident) can do is just nod and nod like a stupid man with no personal mind and interest, we are like robot being ruled. What even worser is that this senior is actually telling me not to look at girl, smoking, drinking and coming home late. And what the hell is she talking about? I am already 24, it's not that I like to drink, smoke or come home late, but I have my own life that does not need any of her seniority interference, and I am not a kid, and I have my own freedom to look for any girl and I am already in an age of ready to marry (my friend even already has a kid). And this temple is no actually has nun or monk, because they don't have a rule like that, that's why, how can a senior involves in a disciple personal life? I wish to see that is their Grandmaster that teaches Tao actually acts like they do, or they are just a bunch of rubbish seniors that already run out from the correct path of the Taoism. Because I need to stay in this temple (no place to stay), that's why I pretend being so obedient, like a kid always nodding head though I am 24! I should listen to those rubbish teaching about how I should not eyeing a girl, how I should not drink or smoke, and how should I always stay at home (maybe in the old days of those seniors, they are staying home 24/7 and live an unhappy life of their young times, and they are now going to teach the same to me for the sake of my own goodness) and ehem I begin to wonder is my happiness is measured by myself or by them? Is not drinking, smoking is happiness? But being jealous and being obsessive of power and like to control others movement 'for the sake of their happiness' is somekind of good? Anyway whose happiness is that? It's much like that I should not think at all and my brain is born for a waste, and they are giving all the commands and all the rules, we just like a robot following those, but what if suddenly I am unable to manage to earn money and can't buy food or doing anything? The truth is they will abandon me and find another disciple, another disciple that works and stay there, that can support the temple, help burning the incense (those seniors are too busy doing their own business so its left to the resident of temple instead), and gratefully yet the resident could still manage to earn money on their own while being obedient listening to the busy and also busybody seniors. "Being Obedient" is much like today's kid, you see they are so obedient, obeying your command, staying home, not coming back late, and doing good things that YOU THINK it is good. But deep inside them, they are suffering so much that you don't know, they are then becoming a person like you and those seniors I mentioned, they feel not satisfied of everything, and they are creating rules to rule you, they want you to suffer the similar unhappiness, they don't want you to climb higher, to become happier than them. Their wick heart is said as a good heart since they are currently in a high position in an God organization but yet created by human. Why? Could you know why these happens in east? Mostly iIn Asia? Because they lack "Being Conscious". It's hard to raise a kid to be aware and conscious on their own, since the modernized world is always pulling them into the crazy way, I mean not because of their bad friends that teaches smoke, drink or discotheque of course. Being conscious is much determined by the cause and effect of karma causalities. And what parent can do to their kid, is to do the best to raise spiritually conscious, aware the different of being conscious and being obedient. A conscious kid will definitely obey their parents, but they have their own determination, their own position, their own view, and finally their own life, they are not own by anyone, they are not owned by parents, the common wrong view of most asian parents. Commonly those conservatives think that being obedient is listening to parents like robot, they keep pushing their own kid to sacrifice their life, by putting a lot of burden on their kids. We are we, we are not anyone, and we own our ownselves and responsible for our ownselves. So how do we deal with those seniors that obsess with power? The easy way is to obey them, and do things according to yourself, if you like then do it, if you don't then don't do it, don't do it in front of them to prevent conflict or being chased out from the temple (hehe). This is what the young junior boy is doing, I some how begin to understand that how he feels and thinks. Every seniors is pushing him to become like them, they are not aware of age different, the different mindset, though the boy is still in the age that needs to play to be happy with, but they are making him a robot. Is this life so hard, then everybody is maybe unawarely making children so that they can push away their stress unto those kids.

It sounds like a trip and a half.I guess we all feel like politicians.My neighboursenjoy fighting with each other and I feel like Switzerland. Why people must pull power struggles I don't know.These people are trying to tell you who togo to mcdonalds with?That's not good.I'd just take them with a pinch of salt.