xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

My 3d Art Rocket ship

Ok, as you may have heard, i wanted to make a better logo in 3d but couldn't - i dont know how to model a server. I took some time time and in one day i learnt a lot. This model of a rocket ship is not done yet and just for kicks i used a ink & paint material. When i'm done i will use better materials and better lighting. I still have to add a gun and a rocket engine. The two square things are rocket batteries. Keep in mind, ive only had one days experience which is impressive for me at least. The images:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be back with more. For a newbie, how nice is this?

PS: the models are very poor examples, i shouldn't have chosen a white backround.

This may sound like a pretty simple response, but I really like the last one because I can see clearly what it is. lol Why not a white background btw? I think starting out it looks just fine! Maybe you were thinking grey instead?

Nice i can really tell the depth, shadows etc of the spaceship. Right now it looks more like 2d than 3d. Not bad i wish i could do something like that. The lighting would make a lot of difference showing shadows of the space ship. I can't enlarge the file i think imageshack deleted them or something.

The reasonwhy i don't like the white backround is because it blends with the shading - then the spaceship looks weird. Yeh, because of the material it looks 2d. When i do propper materials and lights it'll look better! :P

Judging by the thumbnails, they all look simple and quite a good design. It's pretty nice for a newbie, it's impressive to me also! By the way, when you click on the thumbnails - are they meant to come up in a new window as the actual size? Because when I click on them, it just takes me to back to the imageshack.us front page.

It's meant to be big, maybe i did it wrong? I normally do it like that, ill do link to actual image next time. Who has ever worked with 3ds max and can help me get a real nice looking black material? Nice light placement etc?

It's meant to be big, maybe i did it wrong? I normally do it like that, ill do link to actual image next time. Who has ever worked with 3ds max and can help me get a real nice looking black material? Nice light placement etc?

I am a skinner for a mod Tiberian Aftermath I do the wreck models and skins, along with the hud that you see. (unfinished still)
If you like i might be able to make a texture for your ship, but i dont think it could be detailed as i do not unwrap models yet.
And i love the model, did you base it on something or upload it somewhere else? it looks familiar. nice work though m8, better than what i do and ive had 3ds max for a few months, and i cant model anything! lol :P

I only got the missile batteries from somewhere else, i was looking how to 'subtract' shapes from other shapes, in truespace you overlap two shapes and do 'subtract from...', in 3ds max i have to do it with a boolean mode thing. I wanted to make the missile batteries but to do that i'd have to hollow 3 cilinders from a square (i saw them on some helicopter). I started of making a ground missile launcher but i evolved it into this. Right now i turned it into a plane. I'd appreciate the extra textures thanks! :PAfter looking at your site i looked at my work and went :P - i still have a lot to learn, in terms of modelling etc. I don't know much about programming, nothing actually, so i don't see how i would put em into motion. I love the walking guy that looks like a warhammer figure. What program do you use? How do you get that cool shadow effect? What lights do you use and where do you place them? Plus you have a very smooth render.

I made 'http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; that image real quick as a test abstract, it'ss very easy after i learnt how to distort stuff. Don't think too much or too little of it, im a baginner and this is simple; use as wallpaper :P! I'll be making more, this is part of my learning progress. I'm nearly done on my spaceship which is going slow.

Hmm, as you have seen in my first post of this thread, i had been working on a rocket thing. I have now rendered it pretty nicely actually. It went slow as i still had homework but this was the first 'hard' thing i ever bothered to finish. I made two shots, side and top. Side is best i think. Here they are, the color is better than in the beginning, what do you think? Are they better than before? For a person who only started this saturday working with 3ds (so im a newbie), how do i rate? IMAGES:

SIDE

And for people to download the model file (people who know more about 3ds and are better) - see if you can make it nicer:
DOWNLOAD
PS: It's for 3ds max 7, dunno if any other version works, you'll have to try.

wow that is so totally good... 3ds max is well weird for me.... i can hardly do anything on it.... it's really nice and simple and was probably pretty hard...?you just keep getting better and better... -__-

Hard...yes. This was like the third or fourth tmie that i tried it in 3 years, it finally worked out so im happy. Once you understand the interface it all becomes easier. Plus, if you worked with other 3d programs this should help getting used to 3ds. I also follow tutorials, how else would i learn my stuff? That's how i started out at adobe; you should try too!