xisto Community
stevey

I wanna download linux but which distribution to choose.

well i got mandrake but it started bugging me during installation so i decided to go with suse, well im installing it right now as im typing this lol, i jus hope it works out allright, ill let you guys knowl. ****well by the way, i jus started hating windows.

****well by the way, i jus started hating windows.

every human being start to hate windows as soon as it looks linux, its just like that

suse is ok...prety good if you ask me..

okay good, but suse also wont boot up after installation it jus encounters loads of errors, i give up.

DONT GIVE UP!!!!! (thats how they yalled ta me when i had some modem problems.

then try some older versions
mandrake 9.2
red hat 8
etc...

well i dont want to replace windows, i jus want to use it hand in hand with it, but it reallly gets confusing and after i try to put it up in a partition, it *BLEEP*s me up , the last two days have been hell trying to set up this stuff and quite frankly im getting really pissed with linux.

i dont think that partiotioning are problem...coz there r problems with mandrake, it isnt...coz mandrake has diskdrake in installation (partitioning program) and you set up partitions in installation...and yes, winxp and linux works fine on same hdd...best bootloader there is is LILO (included in mandrake), it is linux bootloader that suports ALL systems...

Take mandrake, don?t download, I am sure somebodu will give you discs :lol:

READ HERE!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEST DISTRUBUTION. ALL LINUXES HAVE GOOD AND BAD POINTS. IT'S UP TO YOU! YOU'RE THE JUDGE, OTHERS CAN SUGGEST, BUT THERE'S NO "BEST" DISTRUBUTION.

FOR EXAMPLE: Mine is SuSE Linux 9.1

Kernel: 2.6.4

xboxrulz

yea Xbox guy is right but if you have problems installing Linux or cant make a partition ask me on msn lightningxb@msn.com I will help you out with an easy program i can give ya. Then just install and use the free space you create with the program and its so simple. I have Linuc Mandrake and Redhat and Windows XP Pro and Home and Longhorn. All in Two Computers. So I am experienced in this so if ya need help just drop a message my msn is on 24/7 so drop a message and I will get to ya.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEST DISTRUBUTION. ALL LINUXES HAVE GOOD AND BAD POINTS. IT'S UP TO YOU! YOU'RE THE JUDGE, OTHERS CAN SUGGEST, BUT THERE'S NO "BEST" DISTRUBUTION.

AGREE!!! :D