xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Credit System 3, I Changed My Email, Now What?

I just rembered something.The email i used to sign up on the forums was a hotmail.com one. I signed up with the new credit system at the billing page with the hotmail.com address. So my forum and billing was linked. But then because i dont use my hotmail account anymore i changed my FORUM email to a gmail.com account. But my billing email is still the hotmail one. Does this matter? Should i change the billing email to the gmail address? Or leave it as it is?I would prefer to centralize all my emails to the gmail account, but if that will cause problems then i will leave it as it is. Im just not sure how the billing-forum interaction works, if the billing queries the forum once and links the accounts using something other than the email then i should be safe to have two different email addresses with no problems, but if the billing queries the forum more than once, using the email address as a reference then i would need to have them both the same, right?

Once Billing comes on-line, that is, synchronized with your myCENT, Billing requires to have your email--which is the same email as your forum email--so that Billing can notify you with invoice updates.Go to MY DETAILS and update your Billing email please.

Will do, thanks for the prompt reply :PJust to confirm: I have updated the BILLING email to set it to the NEW address im using. correct? (i think thats right but i dont want to screw the system up because i shouldve reset my FORUM email instead!)If thats correct then this topic can be closed :)If im wrong then let me know!

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

No worries :)I wonder if it would be possible to prevent this problem in future? I cant be the only one that will change their email on the forums and forget the other one so it might be an idea for Opaque to consider a unique reference that is separate from email addresses and that cant be changed. Perhaps just generate an MD5 hash of their username and password combined or something and use that as a reference to link the two accounts.Just a suggestion anyway, i know its still in fairly early stages yet and there will be many changes, but great work so far! Opaque is making me a rich man! (almost :P)

Please send a mail to Support inside your billing area and confirm which mail you want to use.Changing of Mail Address is not allowed and it creates problems regardless of where you change it.Forum E-Mail: Cannot be Changed.Billing E-Mail: Cannot be Changed.So, If you plan to change any, you have to SUBMIT a ticket with the title attn:Xisto-Admin Email Change Request.

Ok ill submit that ticket now just to make sure things go smoothly! (damn opaque you got 1725 cents at the time of writing!) Thanks for the heads up :)