xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tollywood

Hi To All! hi

Hi to all..i am new here..and i want to get a a free hosting! thanks!

I too would like to say Hello World. The Web is a great technology to learn about. This site offers great features for websites, such as PHP, MySql and Java. With knowledge of these technologies you can make a lot of money. This looks like a good place to share knowledge. Thanks.

Hi to all..i am new here..and i want to get a a free hosting! thanks!

Hello Tollywood,
Welcome to Xisto
You seem to be a big tollywood fan. Do share some spicy tollywood stories with us.
So you are here for free hosting. This is the great place to be hosted for free. You will get paid hosting features for free of cost.

So what you are going to host in your site, please share some details if you like and also please tell some thing more about you, your strengths, likes-dislikes.

Also please go though the forum rules and follow them so that you get hosting quickly.

Hello gold_standard, Welcome to Trap, why can't you start a new topic to introduce yourself.
From the matter what you have written I guess you are very good in programming and web designing or you are keen to learn these things. If this is true then you will find many people here in Xisto, who can help you sharpen your skills.

Hi to all..i am new here..and i want to get a a free hosting!

thanks!

I too would like to say Hello World. The Web is a great technology to learn about. This site offers great features for websites, such as PHP, MySql and Java. With knowledge of these technologies you can make a lot of money. This looks like a good place to share knowledge. Thanks.

Uuuuh. It seems we have two new guys here. Hi and welcome!

tollywood, you jumped directly to the "business part". Getting the free hosting is not so hard, but in the same time is not as easy as it would seem. I think about half of the requests for free hosting are rejected. But everytime is the requester's fault. I mean, the people running Xisto have just some basic requirements: you have to write in proper English and you have to post consistent posts.

About getting the credit points for getting hosted, that doesn't depend on how many posts you have, but more on how long they are. You get about 0.03 credits for a word, so by this post I will get about 3-4 credits (just so you'll get an idea).

gold_standard, you also jumped directly to business. "With knowledge of these technologies you can make a lot of money". Yes, it's true, but the most important part is the passion. I work as a software developer, and I've seen a lot of people trying to learn (web) programming and it just doesn't work only with the thought that you'll get a lot of money. You have to be driven by other things, you have to put passion in what you're doing, and this is how you'll progress.

There are tons of people who just learn some basic HTML, CSS, PHP, see that after a couple of months didn't get any money, and lose their interest.

And about the passion, you can read around here in the forums about Opaque, the creator of Xisto.

That being said, welcome again to Xisto!

Welcome to Xisto tollywood! Please remember to read all the rules, and Xisto Readme. :lol: Post around and reach 30 or so credits to apply for hosting. Once your hosting has been accepted your credits will be reset to 0. Remember to try and maintain your credit amount above 30 credits incase you cannot come online for a few days. ^_^-Sky

Welcome to both tollywoodand xpress!

Just throwing in a link just in case our two new members are not able to find it. The Xisto Help Topic contains a lot of useful informations, and if anyone of you have any question that would be a good place to start. :lol:

One thing I would just like to clear up is that you do NOT get a certain amount of credits per word, sentence or post. It all depends on where you post and also how many credits you already have. Naturally with a longer post you will get more credits, but the amount of credits you receive for it is different from time to time. Therefore there is no clear answer to how many credits you get per post, word or sentence.

I suppose others have already given a lot of info, so I will not bother to repeat it. ^_^

Once again welcome to the forum. I wish both of you good luck and hopefully you will enjoy your stay.

One thing I would just like to clear up is that you do NOT get a certain amount of credits per word, sentence or post. It all depends on where you post and also how many credits you already have. Naturally with a longer post you will get more credits, but the amount of credits you receive for it is different from time to time. Therefore there is no clear answer to how many credits you get per post, word or sentence.

Really??
Then I'm sorry for giving out false information.

Bluebear, and this rules about how many credits you get in each section of the forum, and how the amount depends on how many credits you already have, are they written somewhere? Or is it some secret formula?

I knew about the fact that you get more credits for posting a Tutorial, but I thought that was just an exception from the rule.
And if it is true the fact that the more credits you have, the less you get when posting, then that kind of sucks. Because if you gather like, more than 20, you are discouraged to post more until you get to a lower amount.

Honestly I do not know if there is a formula written somewhere. There probably is as the system generates it automatically. If has to have something to work from, right? I do not know the differences between the different forums, but yes there are some forums where you earn more (and maybe less?) credits than you would earn somewhere else. Hard to tell really, but it is not THAT important. :lol: I have 157 credits, and from this post I would earn 0,79 credits, while someone else with less credits would earn more and vice versa. There is a system but as posting generally is easy therefore nobody should think about it that much. ^_^

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)