xisto Community
innosia

Live In Seclusion For Spiritual Journey

Upon knowing much spiritual practitioners, I begin to realize that the misunderstanding in them that often thought spiritual cultivation must be done in seclusion or being as a monk or hermit. Which I do not agree with. In fact several years ago, after my Godly prayer I have realized that seclusion is a definite way for me to achieve final enlightment, though so I met with my teacher that open up my mind in understanding why seclusion is much a hindrance for most to realize upon the spiritual journey. The reason behind it is simple the 'motivation' of living in seclusion. While in the chaos order, we are living materialisticly in all perspective of life, we are facing a huge burden towards the motivation of living, thus life is much more burdening than to be happy with. Several people leans toward a way to find themselves to be able to calm down after facing one and another problems. They begin to lean on spiritual as a method of relieving themselves as 'to be mundane is a sin'. That's why the wrong understanding makes a new obstace. The real reason why must we live in seclusion to walk the spiritual journey, is a difficult and proper decision. Many people often do not realize this. In fact by cultivating among a disturb society and attain enlightment is much more better than cultivating in seclusion. Because by living in a society, we are force to be tempted by the glorious country, and the materialistic life and yet we can cultivate well and not washed by the flow of sin. To live in seclusion is a way to calm ourselves down, to be able to face ourself, only ourself without any others. We begin to look into our own, we are facing a huge problems due to the need to chat with someone, to go to see something, to walk in crowd, to be together with friends or family, that often those are entertaining us. After losing those, we begin to look like a helpless person, living in seclusion, we are bound to face the fact that we are now alone (which I look from what happened with Master Lu Sheng Yen in his seclusion life). Because in our society life, we often mix ourselves in crowd, which do not make us realize that we ourselves is in fact a single being, an independent being, that there must be a wall that separate us from others, like when we rely on someone we need to be grateful of his benevolence that helping us, thus we can see upon ourselves and him, an interaction is made, and cause a Karma, which do not often negative but also positive. By seeing this, we realize that we human must be made to rely on each other, but mixing ourselves in others is a spoil person, is a way to suppress others and that must cause a negative karma. But by being grateful, we will somehow returning his deed, thus this is a good interaction, that's is a point that is taught by living in seclusion. Another good point in seclusion is, we need to do everything on our own, maybe in a seclusion life we are not depend on public service like getting water with pump, electric and so on, thus we are living a way that nature told us to. This way we are slowly and steadily harmonizing ourselves with nature, we begin to know how much we have been spoiled by modern life, and we now can't even live by ourselves. Let's back to most people that look spiritual journey as a seclusion life. Most of them does not know the fact of how hard a seclusion life is, thus in fact if they are able to realize and being grateful with their current condition, they must have attain a bit enlightment about themselves, digging their true self and then understand themselves better, this is in fact good. But how they are able to do that? They live in a modern life? It's easy, that is by meditating. I must say that, the cultivation is important, to raise the Kundalini. Kundalini when raise, causes people to think of themselves, which means they try to be grateful of their own existence and fully accept themselves, this way, they live seriously and much differentiating the gratitute from others, and act as a real human by the concept of "give and take". And what is the sign of Kundalini raising to heart chakra? And after Kundalini raised to heart chakra people is called a real human being, what is the indicator. Yet a human is still a human, but what differentiate them from other is their behaviour, a human that can accept a kindness and return it is a human. They clearly see a barrier is exist upon them and others, thus living gratefully to mother nature and to human. Their breathe is then tender, thus emotion is controlled, the lower part of the solar plexus chakra is controlled, they judge much from heart interaction rather than due to being content or satisfied. We need to calm down and to think that a seclusion life is not as simple as we think, a proper decision must be made in order to be able to really achieve the benefit of living in seclusion. If we live in seclusion and yet chit chatting, then gossipping, then never do chore, how could we possible gaining understanding of our calm selves? We had been busy enough in real life and never look into ourselves, we had little time paying attention to ourselves and we don't understand ourselves, this is a big problem. If we could live in crowded place, and yet being able to cultivate, to look inside ourselves, to respect and being grateful, we are beginning to gain insight of who really we are. We are cultivating in a much temptation, then we achieve a great faith about us. We are not easily disturbed by any kind of obstacles. Then we are liberated!

Seclusion starts with a choice and becomes the lifestyle lateron if you do not turn back to these worldly affairs. In many civilizations it has been a system to go into seclusion in the later years of life. The inheritance philosophy being, introduction with the truth of life comes in that environment. People have mended their lives and got wisdom during it. It helps organize yourself, explore the inherited powers, bring your mind towards a situation where, you can judge whether or not the things are significant as you think- you start differentiating between truth and imposed truth.It is a good way to self realization. Seclusion is the first step towards salvation.