xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lightforce

2008 Presidential Debates How important was this first debate and how did McCain and Obama do?

I watched the first in the series of Presidential Debates that the John McCain and Barack Obama are engaging in. This first one was supposed to be primarily on foreign policy but half of it ended up being on the 700 billion dollar bank bail-out and on how each presidential hopeful will get the great country of the USA out of its current economic crisis. I feel that John McCain was slightly drowned out by Obama concerning the passion and clarity of their speeches. However, I also feel that McCain backed up his opinions better than Obama did by bringing scenarios in the past. John also seems to be more involved than Obama on the global and military scene. He has been everywhere it seems while Obama likes to stay home. Overall, critics are saying that the debates came out a tie, but since Obama was expected to be weak in foreign policy and instead kept up with McCain the democrats and independents are likely to work up Obama.What's your opinion on the debates.

Those interested can watch the entire debate on youtube:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I will wait for the movie to come out to watch it thank you.
Yes I did not watch it and here is why.

1. It was a Debate

2. Better things on TV than to watch 2 grown men talking and making no since at all.

3. More into the VP Debate to watch a Man and a Woman make fools out of each other.

4. Who ever wins, its still gonna be 4 more years of Bush and the trouble he has mad.

didn't watch it (even from the youtube clip posted). ^_^

I will wait for the movie to come out to watch it thank you.

so would i! LOLZ :D

i'm interested to know however if they used any teleprompters (or idiot boards) during the debate, since the glaring difference i've seen between the two candidates in the news on TV is one old guy relying too much on teleprompters (or idiot boards) in expounding on issues [too scripted, maybe a preview to how he'll be as president... always following a sanitized script from a committee] and one young guy who can expound on any issue and have his thoughts understood well by others, extemporaneously. :lol:

Wow I didn't watch it either because, well I just don't care about politics because all I here is white noise coming from these debates and I am rather more concerned what they will do after one of them gets elected to the highest office in the USA. Regaurdless if I don't vote or not I still can complain about the way the government is run because of my veteran status.

what is the point watching a debate. debates should not change your opinion at all. you should base your vote on the policies the candidate has already pointed out and you should base it on the person. debates can be very anoying and besides politicians NEVER answer a question directly so what is the point listening them talk about crap?