xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

Download Statusbar Extension For Firefox Causing Problems

I was just wondering if anyone was sharing the same problem. And yes, I intend to send some correspondence to see if I can get an answer as to why this happens.

After installing the Download Statusbar extension for Firefox thanks to SM's Look-Like-Chrome-with-Firefox thread, I immediately loved how the annoying download status dialog stopped popping up with everything from program downloads to saving pictures.

Lately, I've been saving a lot of awesome pictures from PixDaus. (I totally recommend that anyone go visit the site, as it has some inspiring and outstanding photography as well as image manipulation. :lol: ) I save them one by one, using the slow right-click-to-save method since I like to pick out what I save. The status bar tabs each image as it completes downloading, but as of late it hasn't anymore. Also, even though the image saves to my hard drive, in the original Downloads dialog box the downloads never even start, but they are queued to start. I cannot clear the list, and now I cannot clear the status bar. That's not the real issue that I have qualms with, though.

Now when I start up Firefox, it takes an extremely long time to load. (Try about a minute's time.) When it does load, Firefox opens up anywhere from 50 up to 99 dialogs saying that a download failed and to try again. (These would be all of the images that I saved previously from another session.) Of course, trying to open up the group in the taskbar to select the actual browser is near impossible, so I have to close the Firefox group as a whole and then try to run Firefox again, in which the same thing would occur or I will be able to actually use the browser.

I'm going to disable the Download Statusbar extension to see if this keeps up. Anyone else run into this problem?

Never used the extension but i would imagine the slow load up time is due to the program dealing with the list of up a hundred images and then generating the popups before telling you about them. Disabling it seems like a good logical step :lol:

I haven't run into this problem since I had this extension installed, but I would suggesting uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it again, unless you already have fixed this problem either from the creators of the extension or some other website.