xisto Community
csp4.0

The 42 Test Forty Two

So... One of my friends once told me that he hates the number "42" because it always keeps coming up all the time. So... I tried it myself and in fact (for me) it did come up all the time!So... I have decided to "create" this test to see if "42" is spread all across the globe or if it is just confined to a person'simagination and awareness...So... The test is basically trying to see how many "42"'s you can spot in a day both directly and indirectly.i.e. I see atleast one "42" everyday since I always have a Battlefield 2142 cover near my computer and I sometimes play it...more examples of "42" Times, i.e. 11:42PM, your friend typing in "The answer to life, the universe, and everything" in Google,Turning to page "42" in a book... etcSo... Let the game begin. Please report back everyday and see how many "42"'s you spotted.And please don't count the "42"'s in this thread (including thread title and thread description...) And please don't cheat since there is no award. And please spread it! The more 42's the merrier! So go and hunt 42's! (metaphorically, maybe... :) )

First off, what's wrong with the number forty two? It's the answer to life, the universe and everything.If you've ever read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, you'd understand. It's amazing.And also, the plural of the number 42 is actually 42s... not 42's. If you have an apostrophe, you make the number possessive. That's incorrect, and I don't want you to feel ignorant in the future.

First off, what's wrong with the number forty two? It's the answer to life, the universe and everything.If you've ever read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, you'd understand. It's amazing.

Nothing is wrong with the number "42" it is just that it pops up in so many places, its not funny. Like the current time is 10:42 when I'm typing this sentence. Meh, Its 10:43 now... :lol:

And because it pops up everywhere is what's weird about it...

42 is no more special than any other number in the way you have described. Turning to page 42 in a book? Well, it was bound to happen at some point, as was turning to pages 41 and 43. The time? 42 will appear as often as all the other numbers (as minutes). It only 'pops up' because you're actively looking for it now.