xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Hurricanes And The Media Why is it like this? Adult contint

Okay it has now been 8 days since Hurricane Ike Hit the Texas Coast. and now the media is all over with it and back to there SOS with the race for prez. Don't they realize that this storm was worse that Katrina? Dont the know or even care that there upwards to 2000 missing?Has our Media been told to NOT REPORT THIS? I wanna know what the heck is going on here. Is the race for the white house more of a big thing than the worse hurricane to hit this country since Katrina in 2005. Bad enough so many did not obey the evacuation orders. "thats another thing that pisses me off" But for out press to just put all of this on a back burnner is just STUPID!! I have friends from there that have told me straight up how bad it is. The find a body and leave it, to look for the ones that are alive? Come on people get real. with that storm surge your gonna be finding bodies soon if not alread washing up on the beach.Its the same old song and dance there as with Katrina. No Ice No running water, and the press is blacking this out? HELLO THIS IS AMERICA! Sorry for the caps.Im sorry if this post is a is graphic but it just upsets me to no end that the media is doing this. Has Fema or the feds ordered them not to cover the biggiest news story of the year or what?Something to think about.

You're totally right, but it just shows how messed up the media is. Nothing else was going on during katrina so the media hyped the whole thing up so bad, whereas now they're ignoring ike because people would rather hear about the presidential race instead (which shows just how messed up people are because no matter which of the two candidates we get we're screwed cause they're both so bad)... I'm a bit pissed at the media over this too, but at least I'm doing all I can to help right now...

happy I am not the only one. I am also happy your doing all you can to help. And for all that read this that would like helping.
and that live here in the united states only. Sorry UK here is a patition a friend of mine has started on mandatory evacuation.
madantory-evacuation-enforcement-for-hurricanes I ask all please sign this. by signing you may save a life. maybe yours.