xisto Community
isdrobotica

How Would You Make An Apple Netbook? Discussion about probable ntebook from apple

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ok so here is the concept of the new OLPC (sorry if this link is not allowed but I havent find a hoster for images If you mind recomend one) the thing is that from my point of view mac will never be able of making a netbook, because their reputations stands for elegancy, sexynes, more functional the others and thats why the regular PCs or laptops are more expensive...but lets just imagine how would apple make a netbook....In the link above is how I think could be...you know touchscren on both sides and like the macbook air etc etc.

So what you guys think

The issue is that there are many factors to consider:

* Tablet form factor hasn’t been a big seller, but touchscreen LCDs attached to physical keyboards have been a big hit.
* What would the keyboard look like? Physical buttons or touchscreen ala the iPhone’s on-screen keypad?
* Solid state hard drives boost the price up but keep power consumption lower (not to mention thinner). So what’s the sweet spot?
* Will it have an App Store like the iPhone, and if so, how would you run iPhone-like apps on a larger screen? Nothing in the iPhone SDK docs have talked about resolution independence yet.
* If it’s priced competitively with other netbooks on the market (Asus EEE I’m looking at you) then won’t it cannibalize lowend MacBook sales?
Edited by isdrobotica (see edit history)

Apple when you think about it really almost own the handheld market, I mean, how many of us have an iPod? And an iPod Touch/iPhone? If you're talking more like an iPhone I could see it. I really don't think I could see apple making a netbook that is meant to be a fully fledged PC like an asus eepc, or the acer aspire one. I see them taking their own approach, much like they tend to do, I see it being part iPod, part iPhone but don't see it as a 'proper' (forgive the term) Mac.

Mac doesn't have a stripped down version of its OS, I really don't see them making a 'mini mac netbook' that runs like a normal mac.

Please note, these are only opinions

Think of the features it would have,

office suite

itunes

web browser

CD combo drive (Just to be different)

and specialized apps (not your standard mac apps)

What do you all think?

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)