xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Tips For Maintaining Healthy Bones And Joints

Just a jumble of various tips I picked up from health brochures and magazines:Do aerobic exercises such as swimming. They will increased the strength and flexibility of the back muscles.When lifting something heavy, hold it close to your body, keep your back straight and bend at the knees. This reduces the strain on your back.For pregnant women, try to squat instead of bending. The body's centre of gravity is then less likely to shift, putting less stress on the back.Let your hands rest for 15 minutes after 90 minutes of repetitive movement such as typing or playing racquet games. This decreases the inflammation of the muscles attached to the elbow.Eat food containing calcium, such as beancurd, eggs and milk. Calcium helps to strengthen the bones.Get out in the sun. Exposure to sunlight allows the skin to manufacture natural vitamin D which allows calcium in the gut to be absorbed.Quit smoking, which lowers the level of oestrogen, a hormone that retains calcium in bones.Avoid lifting a child with one arm from the wrist only. It may result in partial dislocation of the elbow joint.

some good tips there, this is more important for young girls to stop brittle bone disease in later life. I know my eldest daughter while she was at school, they started on a course of jumping exercises which strengthens bones and makes them a little thicker for when you start to get a bit older. This is a really important subject for young girls who i suspect would never think about such issue's. Hopefully though, like in my daughters school, education will be the main key to get people ware of the problems that can occur later on.....We dont stay young forever :) :)

Dear friend they are really good tips I think. Thank you for sharing such good tips over here. Even I should say that aerobics are really good for health. Obviously in the begining it should be done under the guidence of a good instructor. Because doing wrong exercises is worst than not doing exercises.?