xisto Community
williamm

What Operating System Do You Use?

What Operating System do you use the most?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have dual boot between Windows XP and Fedora Core. I also like Suse.I've tried Windows Vista and its one of the worst OS's I've used, it reminds me of Windows ME.I wonder what windows 7 (Codename: Blackcomb and later Vienna) will be like?

Windows XP 64-bit previously and later switch to 32-bit. I have Windows Vista and OS X 10.5 dual boot on a Mac Pro.Windows Vista isnt that bad but some of the features annoys me and the WGA pissed me off.

Oh no not another Operating system battle topic, anyway, on my laptop I have a XP/Unbuntu laptop and on the destop I have just have vista. Although that was going to be my ubuntu dual boot, but after some accidents and installations I moved it to my laptop instead.

I am using Windows XP professional as my primary Operatin System.I am using it since 2003. A very good operatin system.i am using Ubuntu as my secondary operating system. Very nice and easylinux OS. Using these two in Dual Booting mode.Also I am using Damn Small Linux and Some other linux OSs in VM Ware.But not as regularly as WinXP and Ubuntu.

Oh no not another Operating system battle topic, anyway, on my laptop I have a XP/Unbuntu laptop and on the destop I have just have vista. Although that was going to be my ubuntu dual boot, but after some accidents and installations I moved it to my laptop instead.

Not a battle topic, i sense. Unless someone start to create a war then that is a different story. So far it starts peacefully and hopefully no one break the truce.

lol Yeah, Lets hope it stays that way. I understand people have their diffrences when it comes to OS's, but we hear enough of it. I just wanted to see how many use the diffrent windows/linux comninations.

I use Gentoo with KDE 4.1. I don't dual boot, especially since i want this to be a Windows free environment, and everything i need all works on this operating system. I customized almost every aspect of my Linux set-up: from the kernel, to the framebuffer, etc. I learned a lot with this distribution.

I like to be different. :)

My main operating system would be Windows Mobile 5, and I'm thinking of upgrading to WM6 at some time. Yeah, I'm an embedded systems type of guy. On the desktop I run a WinPE system, based on Windows XP Professional. What is WinPE? Have a look at my other thread for a good explanation. I own licenses and CALs for a variety of Micrsosoft client and server operating systems, but my OS of choice, other than WM5, would be Windows 2000 Professional. Or, at least, a Windows XP Professional installation stripped down to look and feel like Windows 2000 Professional. I don't need all the fancy whizz-bang eye-candy that comes with XP, and I am not touching Vista for a few more months yet. I don't like to be on the "bleeding edge" and never have done. Give me a Windows 2000 Pro client, (preferably with a Windows 2003 Server CAL and a beefy server box to connect to), along with a copy of Microsoft ActiveSync and my trusty Windows Mobile 5 based hardware any day and I'll be happy.

Sure, I'll probably make the step up to Vista one day, but I'm not rushing out to buy the latest gear to support it just yet.

I am using windows xp professional service pack 2 at home and at office i use windows xp professional. there is not much of a difference but sp2 helps support various apps and even office 2007 which doesn't run on windows xp professionalOn my mobile i use Symbian Ospalmtop i use windows mobile 6 on my HTC touch

I use Windows Home Premium. When I first got Vista I, like everyone else, didn't like it. Once I got all of the updates and settings the way I wanted them it turned out to be ok though. I think Windows Vista just had too many bugs in its release.

I use windows home edition with service pack 3. And occasionally Kubuntu. I really want to install Mac OS though. But the hard drive on my other pc is busted.Anyway, I just use windows home edition because that was what my pc was delivered with.

Currently i am dual-booting Vista and Mandriva 2009. Well Vista is Vista and i only use it for games, now Mandriva, as in my mind being direct rival of Ubuntu and SuSe Linux is quite good. Easy to install, stable, has a wide range of different software. I'm still waiting for 2009 stable release, still many bugs in Release Candidate 2. I like it because, though easy to use, you can make a real beast out of it, secure as a fortress, and parental control comes in handy too.

Well I was sure that Windows XP proff will be leading. It is so easy and so powerful anyone can get use to it. Vista nowhere competes against this windows classic.But what shocked me was no Fedora in linux O/s. I used it for a long time back. Well currently now I am using KUBUNTU and that is a real cool Unix operating system.Hoping that KUBUNTU leads.