xisto Community
williamm

What Nintendo Console And Handheld Do You Think Is The Best?

Choose your Nintendo  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would say that the Nintendo 64 was the best for me because of all the games I played on it, and all the time I spent on it. My dad got it for me for Christmas and it was my first game console. Super Mario 64 was my first game for it, and I would play it all night and day. Being young, it took me three years to beat it. XD Now I can beat it in a day or two, given if I get up to eat and sleep. Donkey Kong was enjoyable, as I played it from when I came home until eleven at night. I didn't even notice time go by! Now my Nintendo 64 is an old man, and resets at the slightest vibration. I keep it wrapped up in a towel in a cupboard, as it has given me a fulfilling childhood and deserves a nice retirement. Sadly, I found the Gamecube short-lived... but remember that all of this is just my opinion. I'm glad that it ended its life with a great game... Twilight Princess. As for the hand held consoles, I would have to say DS. It's innovative, though games for it are slowing-coming. What I'm truly hoping for is DS to Wii connectivity like they had for the Gamecube. I don't know if you know, but the Gamecube had some sort of extension that fits to the bottom of the Gamecube, adding a port for Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games to be played on the TV. This is the reason why I didn't choose the other hand helds, even though they held more sentimental value than the DS. I don't know how they will incorporate the touchscreen factor to such a device, but it would be something if they could.

I went with Wii and DS.Wii has Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wi-Fi, all kinds of neat channels and can play GameCube games and run a lot of virtual console software. So you get the best of all generations.DS has tons of titles, is thriving, and is backwards compatible with GBA which has an awesome but extinct library.

I would have to say the Wii and DS. Why? Because they are some pretty innovative technologies: both have some form of sense and control function that is used for their games (or at least, most of their games). I suppose you could call it more 'interactive' or something, and it is an experience you wouldn't really get with many of the other consoles where you just mash buttons all the time.Amazing thing with the DS is that they use some pretty good methods, such as blowing into the microphone to 'lift balloons' up or something like that (can't remember too clearly).

I think together the Gamecube and the Gameboy advanced are the best. They have a bunch of games that you can use both systems for, and a good part is you don't have to use batteries! As for independently, I would say the Nintendo 64 and the game boy color. Gameboy color was awesome because it had mario bros, and it had pokemon. Nintendo 64 was great, but I wish they weren't cartrages (sp), because dust got in them a lot. but then again they aren't easily scratched :)

For the console, I have to say that Nintendo Wii is the best, I know it doesn't have any of the classic storyline games that I'll missbut its the most enjoyable with friends. Before multi-player was slow and limited now you can have an absolute blast with most gamesand their usually pretty quick. But even for the people who don't play with friends, theres the Internet capability on Wii that can alsomake it memorable having ultra-hard matches online for everything. But hey, the backwards compatability with Wii is cool too. Almostany game you played on a previous Nintendo Console can be played on Wii, so you can have all the fun from before and still makesome new memories on the Wii.As for a handheld, even though the DS is a new style of play, I'd have to say button mashing on a gameboy advance was the MOSTFUN IVE EVER HAD. Playing Pokemon late into the night with my lvl 99 charizard was awesome, and nothing can beat it.But then again, I don't know too much about the DS, so maybe its better, but the GBA was still awesome ;D

I really agree with the multiplayer thing that you said, because now so many games are multiplayer, and before it was just mario kart, super smash bros and madden. Now there's Call of Duty, many sports games, and all these new games like we play and we fit.

I think the Wii is the best console out of all the Nintendo consoles. There are a few reasons for me thinking that but the main reason is that the mulitplayer on the Wii is far better than any of the other Nintendo systems and I believe this is the first Nintendo console system to have online mulitplayer. The motion controllers are great and another reason for ranking the Wii over the other Nintendo consoles. Also if you like the older Nintendo system's games you can just buy them using wii points and download them to your Wii to make your very own arcade.The best Nintendo handheld in my opinion would have to be the DS lite. All the previous Nintendo handhelds you can't see well besides maybe the sp and the micro but those are just gameboy advances that are redone. The games are a good bit bigger in the ds then in all the other handhelds. The biggest reason for me saying that the DS is the best is the wifi features. The wif allows you to play agaist people from around the world and that makes it leaps and bounds better then the other Nintendo handhelds. All the other handhelds graphics are so bad they annoy me and the ds has good enough graphics that it doesn't.Sparknotes: Wii and DS are the best in my opinion.

I think the best console would be the Nintendo Gamecube and the best handheld would be, in my opinion, none other than the Nintendo DS.Nintendo Gamecube:- Good sound- Better graphics- Remote is smaller- Can plug in Nintendo SP and DS into it (In some games)- Small disc to put in, instead of a big game chip.- Easier to fit into smaller placesNintendo DS:- Introduces Touch-Screen- Double screen, top and bottom.- Wireless game play, globally through Friend Codes.- Better graphics than all the other Nintendo Handhelds- The design and style is better than the other Nintendo Handhelds.

For the consoles, I really enjoy N64. It has been one of my favorites for quite some time now, and I usually always play the Zelda games for it (Majora's Mask!). :lol: It probably isn't as popular as everything else that is coming out, but hey, it is still a favorite of mine.For the handheld games, I really like the Gameboy Advanced SP, and the Nintendo DS. I use them both to play the games that I own, and the GBA SP usually comes in handy for my older Pokemon rpg games. These would have to be my favorite systems, next to the PS2.