xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

Ms Spend Half A Billion To Keep Up With Google

I had not realised what a giant Google was untill I ssaw a blog titled Microsoft spends $486 million to compete with Google.

That is very bad news to the Microsoft lovers because what it simply shows is MS is lagging behind. Google is leading the way and all MS has to do is counter what Google will have done. I want to hear what others think because my opinion is always biased. I hate monopolies that's why.

Microsoft has been lagging behind for a while. However as long as windows survives Microsoft will be a big player. The problem with Microsoft is that it is taking Google as the highest standard. That has restricted them to following up with a product of their own whenever Google launches a new product. Google on the other hand looks for more creative ideas. Whenever we see a booming creative idea on the web , it is bought by Google. However, I hope Microsoft manages to catch up, some competition is better than a monopoly. As for this article, 486 million gone to waste.

The problem with Microsoft is that it is taking Google as the highest standard.

That is very true. Microsoft sees Google as the benchmark for good things yet because they own the OS Google is supposed to be depending on the trends set by MS. I however think with Mozzila in this world MS can not keep Google down by making the OS stand in the way. Now anyone can get an addon throw it into Mozzila and a job is done. For example I changed the skin of my gmail and made hierarchical folder view for what was going to be passive labels. Things like Prism show a dawn of possibilities and opportunities for those who believe in using the web to get around OS destruction and restrictions.That's how I see it but I know others know better. Let's hear those minds.

That is very true. Microsoft sees Google as the benchmark for good things yet because they own the OS Google is supposed to be depending on the trends set by MS. I however think with Mozzila in this world MS can not keep Google down by making the OS stand in the way. Now anyone can get an addon throw it into Mozzila and a job is done. For example I changed the skin of my gmail and made hierarchical folder view for what was going to be passive labels. Things like Prism show a dawn of possibilities and opportunities for those who believe in using the web to get around OS destruction and restrictions.That's how I see it but I know others know better. Let's hear those minds.

Dear kudmus,

I think that you like to discuss this problems very much, so I think I shall give you my point of view in my experience of Web Development.

Before IE 7 is out, which is IE 6, web developer tries very hard to build javascript and DHTML things, like sidebar, menu, that is very nice looking and very good, since many web developers at that time is competiting to build beautiful and reusable components for their website. But however, in IE 7, for the excuse of security microsoft has disabled several functions, which makes many components that is built for website cannot be used anymore. This makes many web developers become down, a huge strike to developer that is in fact unawarely under the rule of IE.

The IE is brought with OS, which means that people mostly doesn't need to add a new browser to their computer if they don't know about how good mozilla is, like an common computer user. They did not think, of course that there is word processor except Word, there is a browser except IE, they just use their software that is widely available, and since IE is packaged inside this OS, then people will not try to seek for anything newer except they are computer professional, or an intermediate computer user.

Since this, this strikes a lot of programmer, just like programmer need to chase MS while they are always being dropped behind, this is a technology trend, and no much company can drive this trend, a trend is driven in what people see 'most use'. Like how web site like friend finder or friendster or anykind is very popular, like a blog trend for blog is very popular. But small company can only use the available technology and build something above this. But due to 'this' technology, many developer needs to suit themselves to that, the cost of it is to maintain their site compatible with newly available technology.

And since OS is all of the technology foundation, and because 'this' OS is widely distributed, which means that they can put some code in this 'OS' to adjust the trend inside this OS along with their newly developed products, which makes these products look fresher and up to the new OS (for example Vista).

And easily, this 'OS' can control any existing developers, by building a new IE, that excusing something, then some groups can be crippled easily, if for reason of fair, standard is needed, and make sure to follow all ISO and make sure that the follow guideline is a good way to make publicly acceptable.

That is the reason I support Google and other corporates that compete with Microsoft, because we need someone others stronger so that we are not driven by anyone, its up for us to choose, and we wish only freedom
Edited by innosia (see edit history)