xisto Community
adriantc

X Files: I Want To Believe!

I am a big fan of X Files (the D drives on both my desktop and my laptop are called X Files in it's honor :) ) so there was no way I'd miss it. I know it is a bit late, but the movie had it's opening a week ago in my country and I didn't want to simply download it. So here we go...

X Files: I Want To Believe is a bit odd for the usual X Files topic - UFO, aliens... Not odd, but different! I knew that before viewing the movie and I was still disappointed at the end. As a believer of the UFO phenomenon (or rather the idea of not being alone in the universe) I expected something at least related with the subject. Instead the story is ... well ... different - in a negative way! If you expect an X Files movie this is not it... You could rent the TV serial or an older movie.

So if it's nt typical X Files then what is it? X Files: I Want To Believe is more of a thriller... The story of the movie can be written accurately in a sentence - which again is nothing to be proud of! Mulder and Scully investigate not-related-to-aliens event and discover SPOILER AHEAD Russian doctors doing head transplants!?! Yeah! The story is bad, very bad I may add. It's a shame for the X Files legend!

The are some positive parts in X Files: I Want To Believe. The characters get much more detail and they develop much more then the usual X Files style. This movie is more about inner trouble then outer problems. The acting is well above average. David Duchovny does a great job and I can't say less about Gillian Anderson, which I may add looks better then I remember her!

Overall if you aren't an X Files fan this movie is about 7-7,5! But if you are one an 8,5 would be fair!

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

I need to say that i did not see this movie, yet, b ut this weekend i will, i already have it in my computer ready to be seen by me and my girl, perhaps today or perhaps tomorrow afternoon, lets see how the weekend goes, after all, we never know when new things happen and spoil all our good plans, so today, after years of planning and suffering, i prefer know to take decisions as time goes by, a carpe diem type of guy, if you know what i mean.Comments related to the movie, at least to the movie trailers, posters, reviews and articles all over the internet and outside the internet, lets see, the trailers are good enough to influence me to go to the cinema or at least to download the movie from the internet, yes, at least to waist the internet isp's bandwidth, which costs me money, and it is not sheap here in portugal, the reviews/articles and so on points to the same fact, this movie seems to be a good one, a good movie of its genre obviously, and an x-files movie is always a kind/genre of movie very appealing to almost any age and to any taste and style, so i guess this is going to be one of the top 10 movies, and one of the most rentable movies of the recent ones at least.I will try to not forget to give a note here when i see it, but it seems that a 7.5 is a fair one, i guess, from what i have seen and read.

I need to say that i did not see this movie, yet, b ut this weekend i will, i already have it in my computer ready to be seen by me and my girl, perhaps today or perhaps tomorrow afternoon, lets see how the weekend goes, after all, we never know when new things happen and spoil all our good plans, so today, after years of planning and suffering, i prefer know to take decisions as time goes by, a carpe diem type of guy, if you know what i mean.
Comments related to the movie, at least to the movie trailers, posters, reviews and articles all over the internet and outside the internet, lets see, the trailers are good enough to influence me to go to the cinema or at least to download the movie from the internet, yes, at least to waist the internet isp's bandwidth, which costs me money, and it is not sheap here in portugal, the reviews/articles and so on points to the same fact, this movie seems to be a good one, a good movie of its genre obviously, and an x-files movie is always a kind/genre of movie very appealing to almost any age and to any taste and style, so i guess this is going to be one of the top 10 movies, and one of the most rentable movies of the recent ones at least.

I will try to not forget to give a note here when i see it, but it seems that a 7.5 is a fair one, i guess, from what i have seen and read.

As the aftermath of my review I googled to see what the movie did in the box office regarding its income. Although not a resounding success it seems it has more than covered its expenses. Why do I mention that? Because it seems that depending on X Files I Want To Believe success they may or may not produce another X Files movie! What I find interesting and worth mentioning is the (possible) plot of this new (possible) movie... The new X Files will have the old X Files twist - the twist lost in the current I Want To Believe movie - THE ALIENS. And, as a bonus they will try to take over the world by an invasion on the 22nd of december 2012 (for those not aware of the fact on the 21st of december 2012 the Mayans believee the world is to end). So once again we shall see a true X Files. If the rumor is to come true I am looking forword to the day it is going to be released. Maybe this movie will be the 'final stand' of X Files and shall end happyly the story of Scully and Mulder.

Ps: Because of this movie I have decided to start watching the series again!