xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomOverdose

Is Ignorance Bliss?

Before I start with my arguments, I'd first like to clear something up: ignorant doesn't mean that you are a complete dumb (well, being dumb can be considered as a general ignorance lol), but it means that you don't have many or any knowledge in a certain field of life. So, when we discuss this topic, we should take it in consideration as a problem inside a field of life.So, I think that ignorance IS bliss. What happens is that people who have a considerable knowledge about something, worry too much about it, because they want to learn more and solve different problems in their field. On the other hand, ignorant people, don't worry at all! They just accept the facts as they are.so, what do you think?? Is ignorance a bliss?

No, ignorance is not a bliss. Being ignorant in a certain field means that you fill follow the lead of others and take things as they are. That is the only part of your argument that is right. No good come from following somebody blindly. I'll give you a very good example, which would clear all doubt in your mind. I am a muslim and when we hear about suicide attacks, we call the attackers ignorant because they are unaware of the fact that Islam condemns taking the life of innocent people. What they are doing is falling the lead of the so called "experts" in their field, and see where it has taken them, to the gates of hell and a death of disgrace. Human mind posesses the capacity to reason, why not use it. Why be ignorant?

Yes Indeed, Ignorance is Bliss. Ignorance in doing once duty is not at all fare though ;-)The mind gets easily attracted to thinking and assuming.. However, any knowledge must be completely studied, understood, practiced, realized and thereby help you in removing your ignorance/fear within. Otherwise, there is no purpose for which I would be interested in learning in first place.I will therefore try to be ignorant of less priority things in life and be more alert n active student of life when it comes to my duty and understanding my self (being spiritual).When I'm learning by observing myself, I try not to let my mind comment on things it perceives but I just accept my entire surrounding and myself .. as it is. I let myself be absorbed in feeling of consciousness.Anything that satisfies any of the above 2 purpose will get my complete attention otherwise I clearly would love to be ignorant about it :)

Thanks for the comments godfather89 I agree 100%. Ignorance is a tool used by the powerful over the weak to twist doctrines (in this case) to their own perverted ends. It's a shame the action of a few misguided zealots brings about such shame for peaceful people.As in the words of a Rage Against The Machine song..."If ignorance is bliss then wipe this smile off my face'". I always liked that lyric. When it comes to world events I think ignorance is bad. It is better to actively seek knowledge and be prepared. In personal life I have reached a slightly different conclusion. Due to past hurts I have found it hard to deal with thinking about certain things. e.g. If my wife came home and told me about some guy who tried to chat her up at the gym. My previous betrayal may make it hard for me NOT to think about this and to Trust her so in this case I would prefer NOT to know...to be ignorant. I DO trust her and know there is nothing in it but it's difficult to process. I have noticed however that as time passes and I recover from the past and actually ACCEPT the idea that I can trust her that I am more able to process these feelings without fear mistrust or jealousy.So AT Times I think ignorance is bliss when the conscious mind cannot handle the facts. On the whole however I think we should pursue the truth no matter how shocking, stretching or hard to grasp it is.

Before I start with my arguments, I'd first like to clear something up: ignorant doesn't mean that you are a complete dumb (well, being dumb can be considered as a general ignorance lol), but it means that you don't have many or any knowledge in a certain field of life. So, when we discuss this topic, we should take it in consideration as a problem inside a field of life.So, I think that ignorance IS bliss. What happens is that people who have a considerable knowledge about something, worry too much about it, because they want to learn more and solve different problems in their field. On the other hand, ignorant people, don't worry at all! They just accept the facts as they are.
so, what do you think?? Is ignorance a bliss?

i agree with freedom overdose. ignorance is definately a bliss. ignorance is just not giving a crap about problems and difficulties and just relaxing! how could that not be bliss!