xisto Community
room2593

How To Make A Ringtone For A Stubborn Phone What to do if your phone doesnt accept .mp3

My phone doesn't accept mp3 ringtones, so I had to go through a laborious process in order to begin making ringtones for the phone.I have a bluetooth dongle, and I have been able to put files on my phone. The phone sorts files out of the ringtone folder, though. It's very aggravating.I can convert the songs to a common ring tone format using media-convert.com, but there are three choices and I don't know which one to choose.If someone can help me to pick the right format, I would be grateful.

What is your phone model? Assuming that your phone is the new ones, AAC, MP3, WAV is the widely supported format while MP3 is the default format for ring tones in LG, Samsung, SonyEricsson phones.

Does anyone know how to make monophonic sounds from mp3 sounds. I am making a Church site and I want all the songs in the hymn book to be available in monophonic MIDIs so that pple can get the tunes

AAC, perhaps? My phone's a b**ch when it comes to subject like this too (Samsung S401i) and it only takes 20 second AAC's as ringtones.I use the service at media-convert.com to do it.edit: I just noticed you use media-convert.com too! :)

Edited by i_speel_good (see edit history)

There are a couple of programs out there that can create, edit and also connect and send the ringtones to your phone/phones, converting it to ringtones, i do not know already how it works because i buy my own ringtones, it is how we do things here in Portugal, people usually buy ringtones, it is like a national mode, like a national thing we do but i have the programs in my personal computer, the name of the best programs are: . Create Ringtone . MP3 to Ringtone Gold . iPhone RingTone Maker . MP3 Ringtone Maker . Avanquest Ringtone Media Studio . There are others that can create and edit ringtones too but this ones are the best ones for sure, and by order. To only convert, this programs are very good: . Aya All to Ringtone Converter . A123 Mobile Ringtone Converter . One Click Ringtone Converter . River Past Ringtone Converter . Mobile Ringtone Converter . There are others obviously, but this are also obviously the best ones, by order.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Samsung sgh-a737 is the model of my phone.I noticed something; Mp3 files coming from a friend's phone work as a ringtone. When I use my bluetooth dongle to try and put an Mp3 file on my phone, it doesn't work.That is just not right. I think that I should be able to put Mp3s on my phone. There is no reason why it should distinguish between the two.Does anybody have any earthly idea why they would put that restriction on my phone? Because if I can't turn that feature off, I'm just going to put all my ringtones on a friend's phone and then put them on mine.

Okay, never mind, don't help me. I'll just update.
It worked to put mp3s on a friend's phone and then send them to mine... about half the time. The mp3s also had to be the correct length and stuff. But that's still retarded.

I also started making my own by going to http://media-convert.com/ and changing my files. But all the songs become REALLY quiet when I do that. Ugh.
So if someone could help me out by finding out how to up the volume without going over clip... specifically upping the volume during the conversion process (that's where it loses the volume).

Anyhow, it would be much appreciated.