xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
i_speel_good

Enchancing Your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas warning: heads may explode due to immersive amounts of awesome

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING MODS DON'T BELONG TO ME.

Hello everyone, I'm here to enhance your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (on the PC, of course) experience.

Want to play Grand Theft Auto IV now?

Don't have a console?

Don't want to wait until November 18th?

Well, I'm here to save you, with an alternative.

First off:

ENB Series. A really famous mod that adds fully configurable real time reflections, shadows, awesome water, bloom, bump maps, occlusion culling, motion blur and depth of field. All you need is a good PC (or loads of time, if you've got a sucky pc, due to low fps xD).

Go here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And download the files labeled as: d3dx9_26.dll and GTA San Andreas beta v0.075c test 2.

After downloading them, copy the dll and extract the ZIP in your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas root directory (for many, C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas).

Run GTA: San Andreas. A small logo thing will appear on the upper left corner. Load your game. When you're in-game, press Shift+F12. The game may lock up. After it's done, it'll probably be slow and laggy as hell. Close the game. Go back to the root folder of the game, find and open the file named enbseries.ini with notepad and paste in the following:

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=0AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.iniUseMRTRendering=0[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=1EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=1EnableShadow=1DepthBias=50EnableDepthOfField=0[INPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=44KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=70ChromePower=15UseCurrentFrameReflection=0ReflectionQuality=5ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=0ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=1EnvBumpAmount=40EnvBumpOffset=40ReflectionFlip=0[BLOOM]BloomPowerDay=20BloomFadeTime=1000BloomConstantDay=6BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=60BloomCurveDay=8BloomPowerNight=25BloomConstantNight=5BloomCurveNight=8BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80BloomAdaptationMultiplier=20BloomAllowOversaturation=0BloomMaxLimit=100[SSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=0FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=30BrighteningLevel=40IlluminationLevel=30AdditiveIlluminationLevel=20UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLightning=0FadeDistance=40UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0UseIndirectLighting=1[COLORCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=10ScreenLevelDay=60ScreenLevelNight=20DarkeningAmountNight=-10GammaCurveDay=6GammaCurveNight=3ColorSaturationDay=0ColorSaturationNight=0UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[SHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=60ShadowAmountNight=30ShadowScreenLevelDay=60ShadowScreenLevelNight=20ShadowQuality=2UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=1ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=0MotionBlurVelocity=15MotionBlurRotation=15[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=5DOFNumberOfPasses=5DOFFocusRange=2000DOFBlurinessRange=5

(note: for the sake of saving FPS and awfulness, the above configuration has removed Occlusion Culling, Motion Blur, Depth of Field and has toned down the bloom.)

(note2: it's in code format to show that I'm not trying to get easy credits :))

Now, get in the game and press Shift+F12. Get out of your safehouse and look at the cars, the shadows, the bloom, the water. Fully awesome. If you still lag, you can configure the mod by changing the values in the enbseries.ini file.

Also, if you want ENB Series to be automatically loaded in the game so you don't have to press Shift+F12 all the time, go to the ini and change the sixth line's value to 1.

So that would be:

UseEffect=0
to

UseEffect=1

We're all set up with that, aren't we?

Perfect.

Picture time:

Awesome comparison:

Posted Image

Awesome sky:

Posted Image

Awesome speed:

Posted Image

Second mod:

Sannybuilder 3. Sannybuilder 3 allows you to make Cleo scripts for San Andreas, Vice City or GTA3. They're simple scripts that allow you to do much stuff.

Download here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Before it begins installing the program, it'll prompt you for your game directory (AFTER SELECTING THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY, point it to your GTA:SA root folder. It'll also ask you to allow the installation of the Cleo3 capability. You must accept it, or else cleo scripts won't work.

After the installation, go to your San Andreas folder and you'll find a folder named "CLEO". That's where you will install your scripts.

2pacproducer2 made a series of GTA IV style cleo scripts here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=4248

Hit download and download any of the mods you want.

Right now there are 5 available mods.

Here is the list of the mods as written by 2pacproducer2:

1. Burnout mod. After long burnout your car or bike wheels explode and will burn.

2. Helmet mod. If you are driving bike , you can press Y button to put a helmet on, and if you want to take it off , just exit bike , and press N button.

3. Surrender to cops mod. If you have wanted level then you can press Y button (on foot only) to surrender to cops.

4. Car fire. If your car is burning then the flames comes out of your wheels too.

5. Window crash. If you will hit the car or obstacle in high speed ( 80 km/h - 200 km/h) then you will crash out from window.

After downloading the script you want, extract its zip, take the .cs file in it and put it in your CLEO folder.

I'm keeping the best for the end...

GTA IV HUD!

:)

Alexander Blade has done a fantastic job creating this mod.

Go here to download it:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/368780-relsa-gta-iv-hud/

Incase you can't the download link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To install it, extract the rar (using 7-Zip or WinRAR) somewhere in your HD, and browse in the COPY folder.

In another window, browse into your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas root and find the files "vorbisFile.dll" and "vorbishooked.dll" (without quotes) and rename them to "vorbisFileOrig.dll" and "vorbishookedOrig.dll" for each respectively (This is done because the GTA IV HUD mod replaces these files, so we keep a backup of them incase we want to revert to the old HUD). Copy all the files from the COPY folder to your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas root and start up the game.

If done right, your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas should look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have fun!

Edited by i_speel_good (see edit history)

IMO, its an overrated bloom but the occlusion does the job nicely. Overall it never bring realism to the game at all. I will try other mods.. i love the helmet thing :)

Bullet holesEnchancing Your Grand Theft Auto: San AndreasIs there a cleo script that would allow bullet holes???If you can add textures into the game (gasoline mod)Then surly you can make bullet holes that will eventually fade?Thanks

WorkingEnchancing Your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

hey I extracted both dll's to gta folder we extract both right..And when I try starting .. Nothing comes upPlease help thanks

-reply by ©Bob

Woooowww nice I have just put this one mine and the in the hydra it is just so good! You can see every thing!! I think it will work on SAMP (Correct me if I am wrong) That Sky picture is awesome in the post too :D.

Thanks a lot!Enchancing Your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

This is everything I wanted for my GTA SA game! You should be congratulated highly for doing this for us gamers!

-reply by UK_john