xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mavreix

Some Thoughts About Christian Religion

Too begin let me give you some history, I happen to have grown up in church, various denominations mind you with some having very conservative and others very radical practices. In fact most of my youth was formed around church activities and plans since I was home schooled and had very few friends in that. From about 14 I began getting curious in the "sins" I had been taught so thoroughly to avoid. Namely at first experimenting with girls, mind you church girls, then I began smoking cigars, which made me curious about alcohol and weed which I both eventually tried. After being thoroughly versed in sin and religion I fell out of it quickly, my parents still forced me to attend every service they had but I despised it strongly. I started reading the bible during church because the preachers lectures just made me bored. I began to notice there are many things we take for granted in our belief system.Firstly, what makes the bible so special? Who decided that the letters paul sent to Corinth would be a lasting standpoint for all "chosen believers" until Christ returned.Second, why is it a sin to question the existence of God, Doesn't that seem a bit ignorant, there is no physical proof so it only seems a bit strange that the ultimate sin is to question his belief, in fact its better to die then deny correct?Third, why do we worry so much about eternity that we will forsake life on earth for the "goals" of an invisible idea? I believe the motivation of too many Christians is deluded by this idea of a big mansion and car which the person never had on earth so they think they will receive they're pile of gold once they get to heaven, its sad really because that in itself should be a sin to preach about eternity- How can you honestly talk about something you've never seen or experience as if its real? That seems paranoid to me.Fourth, the heaven and hell question, ask a person what paradise is like and some people think of heaven and its this kind of paradise where you spend all day groveling before God and the other half with 40 virgins, so in life the reason we enjoy those things is because of the counterbalance involved, Having sex with 40 virgins would only be fun for so long before our minds begin to tire of that experience, what makes it interesting in reality is the challenge of living, the questions, the not knowing if all 40 of those woman will be there for you when you get home, or if you will survive through the day do make it home. Thats what makes it exciting, if heaven is a real place then what will counterbalance all the joy we experience? Groveling before God? Is that counterbalance? If so then all of Christs praise rs are a bunch of hypocrites because praising God is supposed to be there number one joy. My other question is why is God jealous? Why is this supposedly perfect being jealous? How can he be perfect and be jealous?My "fall out" thoughts/theorys: It is a possibility that the holy spirit is the human spirit, when we connect on a level(when someone lays hand on you in church) you feel the energy of the other person and this is what causes you to "fall out"

i genuinly believe god and christianitygod has been there with me in some hard situations and i think he is a force to be recond withchristianity is a path i dont actually chose to follow id rather have god and jesus with me in my wn waythe turning water into wine is just a fantasy but i believe in the concept of this religion and the saith and sence of security it entailsbut it gves ppl the spirit to be a human and not a corparate slave so im with it until i die i with have a bible around the house but im not religious officially

The more we loose wisdom the more we think our reasoning power is improving. When you start to think like marvreix ask yourself what the devil was thinking when he did something stupid that made him lose his position in heaven.

I think when it comes to God, Hell, eternal life, Paradise and all those things we just have to believe. Know one can really know. We just need to pray to God that he opens our spiritual eyes so that we can make wise decisions on what to believe in.

Edited by kudmus (see edit history)

Firstly, [1]what makes the bible so special? [2]Who decided that the letters paul sent to Corinth would be a lasting standpoint for all "chosen believers" until Christ returned.

[1]It is known as the word of God, which brings salvation.[2]I ask the same question, as in all the time i've been a believer i have never heard that 1 and 2 Corinthians would be the last standpoint before Christ's return.

Second, why is it a sin to question the existence of God, Doesn't that seem a bit ignorant, there is no physical proof so it only seems a bit strange that the ultimate sin is to question his belief, in fact its better to die then deny correct?

From all that i have read in the Bible, i don't recall doubt or questioning God's existence a sin. Nevertheless, due to the doubt and questioning, many have gone astray and in turn have committed sin.

Third, why do we worry so much about eternity that we will forsake life on earth for the "goals" of an invisible idea? I believe the motivation of too many Christians is deluded by this idea of a big mansion and car which the person never had on earth so they think they will receive they're pile of gold once they get to heaven, its sad really because that in itself should be a sin to preach about eternity- How can you honestly talk about something you've never seen or experience as if its real? That seems paranoid to me.

Your reasoning for preaching eternity should be a sin does not follow. You have yet to prove why it is bad to preach eternity. Never experiencing it to see if it is real is not a valid reason to mark something as bad, especially when this experience can only be experienced in the Hereafter. Not having seen something is in no way proof that it doesn't exist.

Fourth, the heaven and hell question, ask a person what paradise is like and some people think of heaven and its this kind of paradise where you spend all day groveling before God and the other half with 40 virgins, so in life the reason we enjoy those things is because of the counterbalance involved, Having sex with 40 virgins would only be fun for so long before our minds begin to tire of that experience, what makes it interesting in reality is the challenge of living, the questions, the not knowing if all 40 of those woman will be there for you when you get home, or if you will survive through the day do make it home. Thats what makes it exciting, if heaven is a real place then what will counterbalance all the joy we experience? Groveling before God? Is that counterbalance? If so then all of Christs praise rs are a bunch of hypocrites because praising God is supposed to be there number one joy. [1]My other question is why is God jealous? Why is this supposedly perfect being jealous? How can he be perfect and be jealous?

I don't understand your reasoning for joy in heaven and counterbalance, etc. There is no Biblical proof, nor Qur'anic, that one will receive 40 virgins. Heaven isn't all about praising and worshipping God—though, it will happen often. Your reasoning assumes that praising and worshipping God is boring, but that is to include your point of view, too. There will only be everlasting joy in heaven, in everything we do; there will be no tears nor sadness. There will be nothing sexual about it. Peace will prevail forever.
[1]There are two kinds of jealousies: Godly and worldly. When God says He is a jealous God, it is within the context of worshipping other gods. By worshipping other gods, people only harm themselves, seeking their own pleasures and desires, giving themselves false comfort, which has always caused them to sin. The wages of sin is death. By worshipping God you adhere to His ways and therefore obtain life. This is one of the reasons why God seeks to glorify His name. Although He need not compete with false gods, He does so anyway to save His people, for the people are foolish and appeal to their senses (mostly sight) and chase after mere objects which can do nothing for them. So He has to set Himself up for His own people for His people's sake. This is Godly jealousy, jealousy that isn't selfish.

The second jealousy, worldly jealousy, is selfishness. They are jealous for their own sake, seeking to have for themselves regardless of other people's wants or concerns.

My "fall out" thoughts/theorys: It is a possibility that the holy spirit is the human spirit, when we connect on a level(when someone lays hand on you in church) you feel the energy of the other person and this is what causes you to "fall out"

The human spirit does not have the power or authority to cause another human spirit to move in the way you suggest, for all human spirits are equal. There requires a Spirit that is greater than the human spirit in order to move the person in that way.