xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Windows Vista Installation Fails

Hello.

I tried Installing Windows Vista Home Premium today, but when it comes to the part of the Installation where it says "Your computer will restart several times" my computer restarts more then 40 times, and never loads after that. After like, 10-15 minutes of it being off, I switch it back on, and it restores to XP (Witch is good because it wouldn't start up at all). I've tried installing this 4 times altogether, and nothing. it keeps restarting continuously more then 40 times. The only time it restarts is after the BIOS loads, when switching/restarting my computer.

Screenshot: Posted Image

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Sky

Aye,I concur that this is a dodgy version of vista in most cases....Although i purchased an official version of vista from a certified microsoft retailer and the same thing happened to me....it is a defect in the Vista install disk if you are trying to install an official version...If you purchased it from a shop you can go back and ask them to give you a new disk...as you would not have registered that seriel key they should give it to you...If you have problems at the merchants ask them to ring microsoft and they will tell the merchant that that version has not yet been activated and so you shouold have no problems gaining a new copy ....Remember Vista has more code in it from the last 20 years than any other program in the world...this is due to Microsoft just building on old foundations rather than building from scratch...All in All use Linux not Windows

Well upgrading an operating system is never easy, and usually wiping out the hard drive altogether or getting a nice fresh one might have solve your installation problems. Of course it could be a hardware issue and your copy of Vista just doesn't like what is running on your computer, have you made sure that your computer can run Vista properly?

Are you sure your computer meets all the system requirements for installing Windows Vista? Check with the Vista Upgrade Advisor if you havn't checked it yet. Try again afterwards. This may resolve the problem; I don't think there is any other way to solve it... or just get a new upgrade CD.

"Well upgrading an operating system is never easy, and usually wiping out the hard drive altogether or getting a nice fresh one might have solve your installation problems."Definitely agree with that. Try a fresh install if it's not too much of a hassle - it'll probably solve your problem. Get yourself some place to put all your stuff (DVDs, CDs, portable hard drives, other computers are really good) and then format your hard drive.

I believe this topic was made ages ago, and my issue with Vista installation was done. I am still using Windows XP Home Edition, so this thread can be closed now.-Sky

I believe this topic was made ages ago, and my issue with Vista installation was done. I am still using Windows XP Home Edition, so this thread can be closed now.
-Sky

well.. Did you even try to check whether your system is compatible with Vista or NOT ??

Because it happened to me and my system was not compatible(Graphics Card) so I had to upgrade :lol:

Thanks anyways

Aye, use Ubuntu. It's good. The last version came out 1 'n 1/2 week ago. Just try the LiveCd and if you don't like it, you don't have to install it.

I'm really sorry if this doesn't help, but it'll really upgrade your computing skillz and will make you a lot smarter, now honestly said, after nearly a year of using Ubuntu, I hate Windows. :lol: