xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Question About Seo, Blogs, And Internet Marketing

do you know anything about seo(search engine optimization), blogs, and internet marketing????

I am stumped here. everyone knows already, i should hope, that blogging can help with your internet marketing efforts.

my question is this. what is the best for seo and internet marketing.....to start a blog on my own domain that will compliment the content that will already be on my website, or start a blog on a different domain?

normally, i was thinking i was just going to create one on my domain for more original content which the search engines LOVE. then i thought about it more and there are pros if i host a blog on a different domain which is the link exchange possibilities.

from first glance, it would seem better to put it on the same domain but i'm not so sure now because everyone also knows that the more relevant links you have pointing to your website, the better(or i should hope people know that too).

now being a trap member for a while now, i know there are more questions about seo than people having the knowledge of answering questions about seo but i am throwing my question out there anyway, or maybe someone googling will pick this thread up.

if you dare to answer, i would like to know why you responded the way you did and where your information comes from so i can further research this question

This has always been my weakest link in getting visitors to my sites. My designs are very good however with no one to appreciate them it is futile. The few sites that I have marketed I had great experiences marketing them with adwords... however that can get VERY expensive very quickly. If you can have a bunch of different domains and link to all of them on your main site then you will raise your SE ranking pretty easily. Also try to advertise your site everywhere you can... in sigs on forums, in chatrooms locally around town is also a good way to strat driving traffic. there is no one correct answer to this problem as it varies with each individual site.