xisto Community
shadowx

Why Is The Shoutbox Time Wrong?

Hi guys, this is bugging me now! Whenever i post in the shoutbox at first it displays the right time, presumably while it saves to the DB and refreshes as the smilies dont come up straight away either, then it seems to add about 30 minutes to the time!I have my forum time settings set correctly and obviously it goes into the shoutbox script correctly but the script or DB must somehowe alter it to make it half hour or so later?Any ideas?EDIT: It adds exactly 39 minutes to my time stamp for some reason

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

Hi guys, this is bugging me now!
Whenever i post in the shoutbox at first it displays the right time, presumably while it saves to the DB and refreshes as the smilies dont come up straight away either, then it seems to add about 30 minutes to the time!

I have my forum time settings set correctly and obviously it goes into the shoutbox script correctly but the script or DB must somehowe alter it to make it half hour or so later?

Any ideas?

EDIT: It adds exactly 39 minutes to my time stamp for some reason

Hi shadowx,

That's true my friend. Here on my browser it subtracts 19 minutes from my clock! And it is not only the shout box clock but the site clock at the right corner of footer is also showing the wrong time.

this issue has been noted and discussed in theb Staff section and we await a correction.I think the DB values for time might be affected, so the Admins are reluctant to repair the time. Not sure.

Ah odd! Thanks anyway, at least i know its not just me. Seems a rather random bug but there ya go!

Heck it could explain wh ythe DB's have been crashing last few weeks because that 39 minute gap could be the reason why the ipb sessions keeps going down among other things as well.

Hum.. i dont know how long this shoutbox bug has been around, but in theory if there are time sensitive scripts, which the sessions and posting scripts would be, then it could presumably escalate and cause crashes because of clashing data etc...But the shoutbox bug could have been around forever and completely innocent!

Its funny its been around since we had that huge downtime when the hosting accounts were accidentally deleted so it has been a few months since this has been going on. Of course what is interesting though is that the gap has been increasing, it was at 20 minutes and now it like 39-40 minutes now.

It's not that much of an issue for me, unless it's causing the forum downtimes o_oThe only annoying thing about it is that I need to shout a message if I want to check how long ago the last message was - I suppose now that I know it's 39 minutes fast I won't need to do this anymore!

Yes, this is happening for me a long time now, but I refrained from submitting it because I thought I was the only one that was affected from this. Nevertheless you need to fix this because this could possibly be your crasher bug this last week.

Now im on 49 minutes, not 39!! Interesting!It definitely needs to be questioned as it could easily cause instability!

The time is off for me as well. I haven't noted the difference, but it is easy to think someone has just posted a shout and find that it was an hour or more old. Like I posted some time ago and it says 9:57, when my clock just got to 9:38 here. The lag has cause me to answer some shouts and I was talking to myself. :)

It can be annoying, but then my only concern, as well, is if it is affecting the DB. Tested it and posted at 10:17 when I am at 9:39 my time. Interesting???