xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CyrusX

Apple Makes Everything Safari Pros and Cons of Safari Web Browser

Not quite a "safari" tool - safari comes from the Persian word "safari" means "something suitable to use for a traveler" - with its size three times more than the last version of Mozilla FireFox, it promises a "clean look" and also "no more concentration on the browser but on the web itself"!The look and feel of Safari web browser is not what you expect from Apple but it has a taste of Apple's previous hits like Quick Time with clean outlines and easy-to-use look. The progress bar is integrated at the top with the address bar, a bit confusing and new, but still evey thing new cannot be called an innovation indeed.There are no tools at the first run to import your favorites from IE or Mozilla to Safari which does not approve it that much for a traveler. Also you have to check out every single top menu to find where the "Options" category is listed. i think it is more dumb-ready rather than to be easy-to-use to put a category in some menu that other browsers' users cannot easily find it.Safari claims that it is much faster than IE and faster than Mozilla FireFox. Firstly I myself do not count IE as a web browser anymore, and secondly I checked it against Mozilla FireFox and no visible difference in page load speed appeared.When you load web pages in in Safari web browser the fonts look bolder and the colors are more vivid than IE and Mozilla FireFox. Safari is designed not for the customers over-seas, by it I mean those who use any alphabet rather than the Latin alphabet.I tested Safari for some right-to-left scripts like Persian and the result was horrible in the text boxes. Letters that should be written right together fell apart but when I posted the thing it looked fine in the result page. Although the result was fine but the user cannot easily preview what he has written before he could post it. That is a minus for Safari.With all said above Safari still stands three steps higher than IE which needs two patches a week to be secure and is pretty much faster than it in loading the web page.Do you love Safari? Share your interests with me and help me re-install the software again!

i like safari. its pretty cool and modern but i mean whats all the fuss about web browsers. there all the same they let you view the web, the only difference is the style. interenet explorer may be styled horribly but i mean it works fine so why would you use different browsers lol. ive tried them all but the one i hate the most is mozilla. safari is probably the best because it looks cool. i wouldn't recommend it though - because theres nothing really good about it but i say if you like the style of macs then safari is a must have! :)

I really don't see the point of new browsers. I am perfectly fine with IE.Let's take on the claim that most browsers say...Which is that they are faster than before...How could they possibly be "faster"? Well they cache the information, thereby cluttering up your HDD and slowing down the read speed. So then it's really not faster at all, is it?I know that IE does that as well, but it doesn't work as hard to completely memorize(save) every site that you visit. And at today's internet speeds(do people even use dialup now?:)) I don't think it should be much of an issue.So overall, I would need a *real* reason to change browsers, not just a "better look" or "faster speed."

How could they possibly be "faster"? Well they cache the information, thereby cluttering up your HDD and slowing down the read speed. So then it's really not faster at all, is it?

Usually when people try to improve on web browsers by making them faster, it means they make them more efficient. In other words, they are able to render html and compile and run javascript faster.

So overall, I would need a *real* reason to change browsers, not just a "better look" or "faster speed."

Well how about "stability", and "web standards"? Obviously you aren't a website designer.

Well so far I haven't had any issues with IE...Very few sites even require more...So I guess it really depends on what you're speaking of.I've tried Firefox and a few other browsers but I've always found IE to be the most efficient of them.

To tell you the truth, I HATE Safari. I used to like it because it was a lot faster to start up than FireFox or other web applications that I have (I have so many. To name a few: Netscape (Obsolete) Opera (And various beta versions) Internet Explorer (Old one for Mac) and I have a bunch more stuffed in an Application folder). But the thing with Safari is that after the software starts up, it goes downhill from there. Downloads for me always got interrupted (not my internet, the software), and I consistently saw "Safari has unexpentantly quit". The lack of addons has also turned me off to Safari. I have a bunch of good addons for firefox, and I couldn't do anything close to that with my Safari.Safari may have changed since my version, but I still think that FireFox is the best out there.

I like safari: browser matter so much when you build websites since some scripts dont run perfectly to some browser especially when these browsers updates. I sometimes put a note under the site that its best to be view using safari. :) but that's because i dont really know how to get rid of the bug it had.of course great programmers can solve those issues.but for me, it dont matter. most readers dont mind whether those spry menu dont look as it should or not as long as it direct them to the corresponding link.

I like safari: browser matter so much when you build websites since some scripts dont run perfectly to some browser especially when these browsers updates.
I sometimes put a note under the site that its best to be view using safari. :)
but that's because i dont really know how to get rid of the bug it had.
of course great programmers can solve those issues.

but for me, it dont matter. most readers dont mind whether those spry menu dont look as it should or not as long as it direct them to the corresponding link.

Mostly the matter of using the right DOCTYPE, anyway in the past(5 years ago :)) I always used IE and then I switched to Firefox and I have loved it ever since. It looks great. It's speed is great. It has a great add-on for web designers/programmers. And last but not least you can pause downloads :D Which I believe you can't in IE(or did they change that?)

Well so far I haven't had any issues with IE...Very few sites even require more...So I guess it really depends on what you're speaking of.

I've tried Firefox and a few other browsers but I've always found IE to be the most efficient of them.

And you know why the red text is like that? Because they have to support people like you who don't want to switch browsers because of some stupid reasons. IE is bad because it has a very low support for web standards like html or css. For one example, see the source of this page, and see the comments on the lines 40 to 55 about how a fix is made to fix a stupid rendering bug of IE. If people didn't did this (and do this because it is the most used browser and that's because it's shiped w/ the most used OS) and didn't fix things for IE, I bet you wouldn't use IE now.

Stop cringing about how IE is better looking and more efficient (which is NOT) and all that, you can make Firefox and Opera look the same and they offer more than you think they do. If you were a web developer you would hate IE from the bottom of your heart, I bet you would.

If you are offended by my post, you have my excuse from the bottom of my heart, but I really have to rant about that loathsome browser.ďż˝

If you want to have more info about why I rant (because I know this clearly doesn't make much for you, you may want to read my rant on IE here