xisto Community
t0od0pe4u

Logging Into Cpanel [resolved] help needed

alright.

I visit https://support.xisto.com/

I log in using my username/password..which is my login/pw for the forums.

I see the Hosting Account Center. On the right side, i see cPanel Login. I click that, attempt to enter my username/pw, and I get nothing. Just a cleared out password field in the same window prompt. I get nowhere.

I was just approved and setup an account under the link.
But when I attempt to log into cPanel, I cannot use my forum username/pw.

Was it something I missed?

Hi,

As Saint Michael explained to you in the shout box - I will not copy/paste his words here because I'm sure he can explain in the best way he can for you - there could be some problems with special characters in passwords.

What I personally saw and experienced was that like in Qupis the username and password for the Billing Account are differ than the ones you use to log into the CPanel. I was confused a bit and after a while it was just a help from above that I could remember the CPanel password. The best way to protect yourself against such loss is to save your account information in your well-known mail box - with some hosts you will have a lot of them to memorize like the billing (managing) account, MYSQL databases' usernames and passwords, CPanel password, FTP accounts, etc - so, as I said it will be very easy for you to recover your lost password if you do not want to spend - as dear Saint Michael said - 15 credits to reset your CPanel password. (Some free hosting providers use the same username and password for all the items counted above, but even in that case it is a good idea to save your information integrated in a PDF file for later recovery.)

Also some hosts do not allow more than 8 characters for CPanel passwords and it was possible for you to use some known password which was longer than the limit and after the error, you had to cut it off to fit in 8 characters and now you cannot remember the right one to log in to the CPanel.

I hope this little note from a personal experience may help you a bit my friend.

Regards,

CyrusX
Edited by CyrusX (see edit history)

I understand that passwords can be everywhere and some allow x amount, and some allow 1 special character, etc....my password was set to the usual standards and its 7 characters, 1 number. Could my credit count of 5 credits affect my usage? I don't think it would?

No your credit count won't affect usage until you hit 0 credits and then your account will be suspend until you get four or more credits and then after an hour your account will be unsuspended.

But when I attempt to log into cPanel, I cannot use my forum username/pw.
Was it something I missed?

Yes. Your cpanel username and password is NOT the forum username and password--unless you made them the same.

The cpanel username and password were something you choose during the hosting account activation.

oh geez. So, if I have no recollection of that password when I initially created the hosting plan, I'll just have to earn and burn 10 credits so I can get it reset?Ok. I clicked on password reset and just be a good community user here.Thanks for the Help. I'll be around the forum....

Ok. This is getting out of hand now.I received the newly reset password.Attempted to log into cPanel....And I still can't get in!I don't know what other usernames it would be. I've attempted twice (once with username and once with registered email address) And i'm afraid i'd lock myself out after a few more times.

I don't know what other usernames it would be. I've attempted twice (once with username and once with registered email address) And i'm afraid i'd lock myself out after a few more times.

According to your post when you applied for your hosting your username is 't0od0pe4u'. Now unless you changed that between then and now it should still be that. I understand that you have tried this username and still no luck and you have recently reset your password, and I understand if you feel frustrated, believe me, if I was in your position I would feel frustrated as well, however I can assure you that one of the administrators of Xisto will resolve this issue for you. Just hang in there.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.