xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hamtaro

What Is A T_string? Please help Im new at PHP Programming

I'm new at PHP, and I looked for a while on here, and found some stuff I was looking for about form processing, and sending E-Mail through PHP. However, the script I just created won't work. I get the following error: Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/hamtaro/public_html/send_feedback.php on line 9Exactly what is a T_STRING? If I need to post my code, I will.

Can you paste that part of the code.BTW. What I feel is, you have missed a semi-colon ( ; ) somewhere... check the lines.Also, it can happen if you have closed } the curly braces incorrectly. Check the nesting of the brackets.

I'm new at PHP, and I looked for a while on here, and found some stuff I was looking for about form processing, and sending E-Mail through PHP.  However, the script I just created won't work.  I get the following error: Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/hamtaro/public_html/send_feedback.php on line 9

Exactly what is a T_STRING? If I need to post my code, I will.

41801[/snapback]

T_STRING is a string

if the string in your code has an error,then this error message may appear.

check your code on line 9,whether you missed a " or a ',or any others.

Ok, here's just the PHP code for the file. The rest is the page that displays the Thank-You page:

<?php$message = "User Name: ". $_POST['UserName'] . "\nE-Mail Address: " .$_POST['EMail'] . "\nIP Address: ". $REMOTE_ADDR . "\nComments: \n" . $_POST['Comments'] . ";mail("myemail@email.com", "Feedback",$message);?>

The mail function is the part where I'm getting the error. If there's supposed to e a semicolon in there, where does it go?

Ok, here's just the PHP code for the file.  The rest is the page that displays the Thank-You page:

<?php$message = "User Name: ". $_POST['UserName'] . "\nE-Mail Address: " .$_POST['EMail'] . "\nIP Address: ". $REMOTE_ADDR . "\nComments: \n" . $_POST['Comments'] . ";mail("myemail@email.com", "Feedback",$message);?>

The mail function is the part where I'm getting the error.  If there's supposed to e a semicolon in there, where does it go?

41903[/snapback]

take out the . " from the end of the string.

example:

<?php$message = "User Name: ". $_POST['UserName'] . "\nE-Mail Address: " .$_POST['EMail'] . "\nIP Address: ". $REMOTE_ADDR . "\nComments: \n" . $_POST['Comments'];mail("myemail@email.com", "Feedback",$message);?>

Oh...That was the problem! Thanks! I sure feel stupid now....Anyway, thanks a lot for your help! Maybe I should also try to find some PHP Tutorials online to help with this...

Oh...That was the problem!  Thanks! I sure feel stupid now....Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!  Maybe I should also try to find some PHP Tutorials online to help with this...

41912[/snapback]

no problem, that took me some time to learn, too...

Im also stuck with T_Strings :(

What Is A T_string?

<?

//set local variables

$dbhost = "localhost"; //https://www.100webspace.com/

$dbuser = "db_user"; //margee1

$dbpass = "db_pass"; //

$dbname = "db_name"; //margee1_fabhab

//connect

$db = mysqlpconnect;(100ws.Com,margee1,cheese123);

Mysql_select_db("markgee1fabhab",$db)

?>

Thats the code I'm using for my radio and I click test connection on the installation package I'm using and when I click it it says this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/data2/hosted/SkyandLuc/connect.Php on line 10

I would really appreciate it if you could help.

-Mark

Im also stuck with T_Strings :)

What Is A T_string?

<?

//set local variables

$dbhost = "localhost"; //https://www.100webspace.com/

$dbuser = "db_user"; //margee1

$dbpass = "db_pass"; //

$dbname = "db_name"; //margee1_fabhab

//connect

$db = mysqlpconnect;(100ws.Com,margee1,cheese123);

Mysql_select_db("markgee1fabhab",$db)

?>

Thats the code I'm using for my radio and I click test connection on the installation package I'm using and when I click it it says this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/data2/hosted/SkyandLuc/connect.Php on line 10

I would really appreciate it if you could help.

-Mark

the error would be the semicolon between the function name and the parenthesis. Try this:

mysqlpconnect(100ws.Com,margee1,cheese123);
Also, it appears that you are missing a semicolon on the very last line. You might want to fix that unless you want more errors.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/fouwellb/ ... on line 20

What Is A T_string?

This is the contents of the referenced file. Line 20 is the one that begins with $noquery=" (the first one). Where do I err? (the variables, except "localhost", are substituted and exist)

<?

$hostname = "localhost";

$username = "username";

$passwordsc = "password";

$dbName = "database";

MYSQL_CONNECT($hostname, $username, $passwordsc) OR DIE("Unable to connect to database");

/* Select the database name to be used or else print error message if unsuccessful*/

@mysql_select_db( "$dbName") or die( "Unable to select database");

$noquery=" or die("SQL Error Occurred : ".Mysql_error().':'.$query)";

$noquery1=" or die("SQL Error Occurred : ".Mysql_error().':'.$query1)";

$noquery2=" or die("SQL Error Occurred : ".Mysql_error().':'.$query2)";

$ipaddress=getenv("remote_addr");

?>

-question by starcity

I cant get this to work...(PHP problem)

What Is A T_string?

I have similar problems..

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/a8308175/public_html/LocalSettings.Php on line 125

$wgCacheEpoch = max( $wgCacheEpoch, gmdate( 'YmdHis', @filemtime( __FILE__ ) ) ) ;

Any ideas?

-question by Chris

I am also Having problems with this T_string thing

$query = " SELECT val FROM tutorials " .		 " LIMIT $offset, $rowsPerPage";$result = mysql_query($query) or die('Error, query failed on line 24 Error'mysql_error());

Same Experience

What Is A T_string?

Got an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/archeron/public_html/evewarrior.Com/wp-content/themes/EVE Theme/index.Php on line 41

It's in this line:

<?php _e('Filed under:'); ?> <?php the_category(', ') ?> <?php _e('by'); ?> <?php the_author(); ?><br />

I don't know what I shouldn't or should have added.

-question by Tonglil

T_STRING

What Is A T_string?

I also have the same error on the T_STRING:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:Program Filesxampphtdocsnew_website2upload_resume_application.Php on line 9

I am a newbie. Please help. Here's the code:

<?php

Session_start();

Include_once("database.Php");

$uploadDir = 'C:/upload/';

If(isset($_POST['upload']) and ($_FILES['resume']['size'] > 0)){

$fileName = $_FILES['resume']['name'];

$tmpName = $_FILES['resume']['tmp_name'];

$fileSize = $_FILES['resume']['size'];

$fileType = $_FILES['resume']['type'];

$filePath = $uploadDir . $fileName;

$fp = fopen($tmpName, 'are');

$content = fread($fp, filesize($tmpName));

$content = addslashes($content);

fclose($fp);

}

-question by abel

I also have a problem with t-strings

I have looked at the lines lots of times, but can get a clue what could be wrong...

here is the text:

?phpIf(isset($_POST['enviar'])) {$to = 'reservas@hotelatlantico-ita.Com.Br'; // reservas@hotelatlantico-ita.Com.Br$charset = $_POST['charset'];$nome = $_POST['nome'];$cidade = $_POST['cidade'];$estado = $_POST['estado'];$email = $_POST['email'];$telefone residencial = $_POST['Telefone residencial'];$telefone comercial = $_POST['Telefone comercial'];$celular = $_POST['celular'];$data de entrada = $_POST['data de entrada'];$data de saida = $_POST['data de saida'];$assunto = '=?' . $charset . '?B?' . Base64_encode($_POST['assunto']) . '?=';$mensagem = $_POST['mensagem'];$corpo = "Nome: $nomeCidade: $cidadeEstado: $estadoE-mail: $emailTelefone residencial: $telefone residencialTelefone comercial: $telefone comercialCelular: $celularData de entrada: $data de entradaData de Saida: $data de sa?theMensagem: $mensagem ";$headers = 'Return-Path: ' . $email . "

I got the message:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in E:homehotelatlantiWebenviar.Php on line 16

but I am not able to see the mistake. Thanks for any help.