xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thebluekirby

American Idol Again?

American Idol has been going on for 4 years, don't they realize by now people are getting sick of it?i mean...the first season, i thought that that'd be it, that kelly clarkson is the american idol. then the second season came along and i was like, i missed 1/2 the season first season, guess i can just go on and watch the second season. Then theres the thrid season and i was like...ok...and they finally annoucned the foruth season and i was like... that's stupid. it's really dumb to make sqeuls...no one is gonna watch it if you keep making them...at least try to make something new in it...or just do it every other year. people are going to get sick of theis show eventuallysorry if i didn't make very good sense nT_Tn

hmmmnn.... there have always been singing competitions since time immemorial. and american idol is just one of them. :D when american idol closes its franchise, for sure there will be singing competitions that will crop up sooner or later to captivate the audiences again and keep them glued to their television screens. so there will be no end to it, in short. :rolleyes: american idol is just a "brand name", and every season of the program just reinforces the brand. it would be more stupid to just throw the brand away, and start a new brand. :) strike while the iron is hot, so they say. besides, every season, new talents are discovered. and this season, age limit for the competition has been lifted a bit higher to include more talents who never got to audition before because of age restrictions. more mature performances this season, at least i suspect. just enjoy it if you can, and there's always the remote so you can change channels anytime you feel like it. :)

I really do not like American Idol. I mean it is one thing to be a bad singer. But to tell someone that is just heartless. Te show is pretty bad and gets very boing in my opinion. I just don't watch it.

i sort of agree what you say serverph...but...what i don't get is the fact that these lame singers bother to wait in line just to embarrss themselves. I mean, they should think "Oh! Am i as good as Kelly Clarkson that I shouuld go on American Idol!". That's just wrong, people should get singing lessons before going on. Sometimes i just like watching american idol for all the good singing....but i just don't understand why these crappy singers would go on like that...unless they were hired...that sounds reasonable...

Nah I don't think they're hired. I think those people are in fact genuinely bad singers but the idea of Fame has put sparkles in their eyes, so they decide that they're actually good enough in their own heads to audition. I think it's actually pretty kind of the judges to come out with it if they think a person can't sing. It'll save them a lot of time and money in the end. (Though Simon is particularly... colorful about it)

oh but it's not only american idol, it's propogated itself all around the world!! there's european idol, australian idol, etc etc.i was traveling in some far corner of cambodia, and i saw a singing competition... cambodian style. it was absolutely hilarious ... with background girls doing the "wave" and some spiffed out bloke trying to sing.

I think some of them might just want to be the next william hung or some kind of funny act for the world to see. There's nothing wrong with William Hung though. Some of these people go in and think they can sing when they really can't. Like if you have the voice either equivelant to her or whatever than you should defintely go.

American idol brings up loads of issues. I mean, first off...its just pure cruelty for the people who for years have thought they could sing, and then to come onto a show where top music industry people just slate you and tell you how crap you are, must have life long lasting issues. But lets face it, its funny! and thats why most people watch it. Once they've got over the funny initial auditions, people then get attatched to various charecters, urging them onto win. In my opinion, i think good on em! Why not do it next year aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never watched American Idol before so I will be watching it this time. I will hopefuly see more of the episodes. I like people screaming thier heads of with a **** voice infront of tv/music stars. If I don't like it i'll just stop watching it. Its not like its going to kill t.v.

I'm a fan of the guest judges (though that Sugar Ray guy would only ever say the exact same thing Randy said). I think it's a good idea. I'm going to watch the ep with that Kiss guy on it. Hopefully he'll tell people they suck. LMAO That sounds aweful! I just think that because Randy and Paula always agree with each other it seems, it'd be good to have somebody on the side of Simon. I know I agree with him most anyway!

American Idol is a television show I never watched. I truly despised the concept of it when it first came on the scene and now I realize that it just sucks completely. The former winners are not celebrities because of their talent. They were able to survive the ordeal but none of them has made a huge impact on the music business and I doubt any of them have even hit the platinum record yet.I can't stand reality tv shows anyway.

But lets face it, its funny! and thats why most people watch it. Once they've got over the funny initial auditions, people then get attatched to various charecters, urging them onto win. In my opinion, i think good on em! Why not do it next year aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly, I wouldn?t watch it if my girlfriend didn?t watch it with me but I must confess I do enjoy it. I hope the rocker that left his band wins this here. What was his name? Of course the music he does with his band I would probably much more enjoy then anything he will sing on American idol. Then again if I was good enough, I would do it. BTW I really enjoyed the finalists last year, Jon, Jazzman, Fantasia, and others. I hope for another great season. BTW I think the winners have talent but you need more then talent to make a major inpact.

American Idol is the most rediculous thing i have ever watched. The singers that come out of it are only liked but 8 yr old girls and that is all lol. They need to allow rappers and rockers to go on and do their thing, they cant keep having these lame pop singers all of the time. They all sound the same and all even look and act the same :P. I say enough is enough and it needs to end lol.

Yeah i agree...I was watching the new, well i wasnt really watching it, it was just on, well anyways. There was this HORRIBLE girl in a red dress or something, and she was soooo bad. I mean she was probably the worst thing ive ever gheard sing. I've watched american idol a whole like 3 times. And i was glad to watchi it this time cuz i laughed my *bottom* off. This girl even thought she was good...she said she was "not too shabby". I mean WOW who tells these people there good so they think they can try out for american idol. Its stupid. I'm never going to watch american idol again...if i do happen to turn it on sso help me ill kill myself.

They need to allow rappers and rockers to go on and do their thing, they cant keep having these lame pop singers all of the time. They all sound the same and all even look and act the same . I say enough is enough and it needs to end lol.

they do let rockers and rappers on it on the new on...there was the one guy...constantine or soemthing...broke off from his band to go to american idol...he acctually had a pretty good rock band...but the drummer quit i guess cuz he hates american idol with a passion. and this one rapper was pretty good....