xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

Ebay Any of you use it?

We've been selling on eBay for 4 years. We were Silver Power Sellers for 2 years, before my husband retired, with eBay being our sole support. I even wrote an ebook about selling on eBay. Both our son and daughter sell on eBay. eBay has saved our financial butts so many times I can't count them. Whatever business you're in, you can probably find a way to use eBay to generate more traffic and sales for your website. Check out WAHM.COM (Work At Home Moms). That heads-up lady auctions off ads on her website and they all get bids--some go for over $100. What a win-win deal. She gets free publicity, increased traffic and makes money, besides. Now she's got me promoting her site, too. LOL! :D

lol nobody bid for ur items yet... only for the books... ud be better off selling those on a garage sail or some fair or soemthing... but some people say u can get scammed easly... do u guys know why? explain if u do...

Oops! ;) I forgot to say what we sell. We made our big bucks on sporting goods--mostly exercise equipment, but also bicycles, skis, snowboards, etc. I don't recommend it unless you're as desperate as we were. Our profit margin was huge, but our workload was huger <grin>. Sometimes my poor husband would spend 3 hours cleaning and packaging those big, heavy things. We had almost no competition, however, because nobody else wanted to work that hard. It almost did us in, but eBay saved our family farm.

OTOH, there was the time we bought a baseball card for 10 and sold it for over $1,000. :D

for anybody just starting out on eBay, I'd recommend selling little stuff that you know all about and really like. It's a good way to support a habit--like videos or computer games. Sell of your old ones to get $$ to buy new ones.

We buy our merchandise at garage sales. Once you get into it, you'll know which neighborhoods have the best sales, and how to buy. Hint: pile up everything you want and ask how much for the whole lot. You'll get a much better deal than by asking for individual prices.

Suz

I just recently joined though I am pretty sure that I used to have an Id on there.

41738[/snapback]

lol nobody bid for ur items yet... only for the books... ud be better off selling those on a garage sail or some fair or soemthing... but some people say u can get scammed easly... do u guys know why? explain if u do...

51390[/snapback]

Ah, but they're fighting over those books--that's a good thing.

We had $150 worth go off on Tuesday. If you check back on Sunday, you'll probably see bidders fighting over the rest of our stuff. Almost everybody waits until the last minute to bid, now. :P

As far as scams go, I've never been involved in any. Neither has anybody I know personally. When I was a Power Seller, I had access to the VIP message boards. I heard of some over there, but they were just nasty plots to harass sellers.

The only real scam I ever heard of was just a rumor, and it was over a year ago, so even if it was legit, it may be gone, now. That scam had something to do with laptop computers. The way I heard it, someone was taking people's money, but never delivering the goods.

If you check my feedback, you'll see over 1100 of them. Since some people don't bother with feedback, that probably means I've had around 2,000 transactions. I've only had one bad experience in that whole time, and that was just a grouchy old man who moved and didn't change his address with PayPal. I got stuck paying for double-shipping on a big, heavy item. One bad apple in 2,000 isn't a bad average.

;)

Suz

Ah, but they're fighting over those books--that's a good thing.

We had $150 worth go off on Tuesday. If you check back on Sunday, you'll probably see bidders fighting over the rest of our stuff. Almost everybody waits until the last minute to bid, now.  :D

As far as scams go, I've never been involved in any. Neither has anybody I know personally. When I was a Power Seller, I had access to the VIP message boards. I heard of some over there, but they were just nasty plots to harass sellers.

The only real scam I ever heard of was just a rumor, and it was over a year ago, so even if it was legit, it may be gone, now. That scam had something to do with laptop computers. The way I heard it, someone was taking people's money, but never delivering the goods.

If you check my feedback, you'll see over 1100 of them. Since some people don't bother with feedback, that probably means I've had around 2,000 transactions. I've only had one bad experience in that whole time, and that was just a grouchy old man who moved and didn't change his address with PayPal. I got stuck paying for double-shipping on a big, heavy item. One bad apple in 2,000 isn't a bad average.

:P

Suz

51804[/snapback]

I need to qualify my last message. I've had excellent experiences buying and selling, but I'm only interested in "tame" merchandise--baby boomer stuff. Our son buys and sells trendier generation X merchandise and he has had a few problems.

The younger crowd tends to be more impatient and not as easy to deal with. The same seems to be true of the people who sell to them on a regular basis. If your tastes in merchandise--either buying or selling--lean too far over the ragged edge of mainstream, you might need to be a little more careful on eBay. ;)

I love ebay, its definate top spot when lookin for something good. There are lots of optioans for computer junk, like Photo shop 500 smacks cheaper hahahaha. At some point, the weirdness and stupidity needs to stop. Like have you seen that news report on the lady who sold ad space on her pregant stomach? Well, after that, things gottoutta hand, like, some people are selling it on their foreheads, some on there arm, and some EVERYWHERE! And then there was the *Theres an image of jesus <-6 text size> that i photoshopped in</textsize> on my wart!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneone. Ive seen bricks, Celings, walls etc. I think thats gone way outta line. But other than that, i think ebays pretty cool

I need to qualify my last message. I've had excellent experiences buying and selling, but I'm only interested in "tame" merchandise--baby boomer stuff. Our son buys and sells trendier generation X merchandise and he has had a few problems.

The younger crowd tends to be more impatient and not as easy to deal with. The same seems to be true of the people who sell to them on a regular basis. If your tastes in merchandise--either buying or selling--lean too far over the ragged edge of mainstream, you might need to be a little more careful on eBay.  ;)

51826[/snapback]

Of course... :P

HiI have been on Ebay for years. At the beginning at was mostly a buyer as I collect lots of stuff and some really good bargains could be found.Now Ebay has become a seller's market, it's getting a lot harder to find something good at a bargain price. The whole world browse it for items.Put a van gogh painting and it will go higher than what you could help to get in a regular auction.It's good if you want to sell. I buy and sell, DVD's, comics and plastic models on Ebay but mostly sell, I buy locally where I can still dig bargains.Patrick

I have had an ebay account for about 5 or 6 years now. I have bought and sold many things. Isold mostly pro sound equipment. But i have sold some used computer parts. I have bought all kinds of stuff from a new motherboard to "Karate Kid" parts 1-3 on vhs to a Nascar banner. I have been looking for a dropship company that i could use to sell more but all the ones i have found charge a monthly fee and i can barely pay my rent right now. For those of you that dont know what a dropship company is heres an explanation. You sign up with the dropshipper and pick one of the products they have and you make the ebay auction for it. When the auction closes you collect the money and then you send the dropshipper thier asking price of that product and they will ship it to the auction winner and you keep the rest of the money. You dont have to keep any inventory at all . You only make the ad and collect the money from the buyer. If you have the time and know basic HTML you can make a pretty good living selling on ebay.

We only started to have Ebay here in the Philippines last week. I think it is great! I am using a local online auction before the release of Ebay Phillippines. and there isn't much difference, except that I could search other items from other country because Ebay worlwide are connected.But I think Ebay Philippines is useless becuase we do not have Paypal here. :angry:I wanted to but some items from US but i cannot purchase it, I don't have a credit card as well. :blink: