xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stridr

Vista Unable To Surf Internet

Hi. I would like to ask if anyone knows a solution to this. I currently have a windows vista computer. It indicates it is connected to the internet. I am able to use Windows Live Messenger. But when I try to surf the net with a web browser, such as opera and IE, it doesnt work. Any ideas? The firewall is off, but browsers all face a problem accessing.

Hi.

First, you should verify if your computer is correctly connected to Internet. Try the following:

In a console, type:

ping https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl
If you see something like:
Reply from 208.69.XXX.XX...
It's because you are correctly connected to the Internet, and the problem could be firewall/antivirus/antyspy/something else

Elsewhere, if you see:
Request timed out
That means you do not have Internet, and you should check your network parameters.

With those commands, you can analyze where is your connection problem.

Try checking out this. If that isn't your problem, try flushing the DNS, or waiting 24 hours.
Otherwise...I don't really know. You didn't really give us much information on your setup. There are lot of other things that could be messing with your setup.
Hope that helps. :)

Did you recently install or use any proxy softwares for browsing , if so you will be unable to access the internet if that proxy port is closed and still if your browser is trying to establish connection through it.Now all you need to do is that in all the browser check out the connection settings , example in internet explorer go to tools---->settings---->Connection------>Lan settings and see if all the check box are unmarked.fIf you are using a Mozilla firefox, go to tools---->options--->network a and check for the same . Hope if you are or were using any proxy before this will be a right solution for you.Have a happy browsing :P

Replying to nirmaldanielI'm having the same problem as soportevirtual. My IE was functioning properly until window perform an auto update 2 days ago and now IE no longer able to connect to internet. My msn and the rest of the program (performing updates) works properly. Can anyone help?

I'm having some issues with my 2Wire router, yesterday when I came back from work suddenly my Dell Laptop could not find any networks...When it's been working fine for years...I've tried reseting the switch on the router, disconnecting/reconnecting, nothing seems to work, also the wireless light is solid green on the router when it supposed to be blinking, when I connect via ethernet cable directly to the router the internet works, I'm pretty sure is the router because I have another Laptop and it's an  HP and it cannot find any networks either when it has been working fine until yesterday...I'm about to go shopping for a new wireless router but I'm not sure what brand should I get but also do not want to spend too much..

Simple thing to be done at first , first you have to check whether the internet configuration us right in your computer. For this the TCP / IP Stack configuration must be set properly or must be running properly. Just ping the loop back address and check for the reply ,Eg : ping localhost or ping 127.0.0.1 , just enter this in run , that is command prompt