xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

Youtube People That Do Not Respect Other Opinions ...This problem on YouTube

Very, very annoying. I am happy YouTube user - I probably spend some hours there every week. I mostly look and listen to music but I also watch different shows. I always try to comment on videos, if I like the videos or not. So many users seem to have a motto that says "Don't like, don't watch." Well I have to watch it to know if I like it or not, right?!

And that is not even the worst part. It is almost like some people think you should only comment if you like it, and if you have something else to say about it then you should glue your fingers together with glue, (or super glue) just to make sure you will not write anything. That is how I feel.

Have anyone ever tried to comment to videos that are created for/about/with superstars that have a massive fan club? A massive, completely crazy fan club that mostly contains girls? If you think you will might think of some bands, persons and even shows that have this. Girls that scream, go crazy and say that "I love him, I love her, I love everything they/she/he do. I pretend like I am the only person in this world that loves him/she, I am a huge drama queen that expect everyone else to respect my opinions, but I will not respect theirs!" Because that is how many of them behave. You write something you think, and it is not very rude or anything like that. "I do not really like him/her, I suppose I do not like this kind of music." And what happens? Well, you get plenty replies and everyone rates you bad. They tell you that you have no life, that you should go somewhere else to be negative and that you suck.

When I say "you" I mean "me." Because this is something that happens to me probably several times a week, and sometimes several times a day. I never say I hate anyone. You can not hate someone you do not know, but you can not love them either. Some of these people are so messed up that they think they can love her/him/they, but they say I can not hate them? No, I never hate anyone I do not know. I can hate the music, their clothes, the way they behave and things like that; but I can not say I hate the person as a person. How can I?

You see this is what many of them do not understand. Some of them are great and do, but many do not. I can get very angry sometimes when someone get pissed at me just because I am sharing my opinions and views on things. Sure this happens other places too, but recently I have noticed this very much on YouTube.

Don't like, don't look. Place, it does not work that way darling.

I agree, it's extremely annoying when people can't respect differences in opinions. They view comments like this as attacks against themselves, which is not what they are at all. It's also sad because it causes some to repress their true opinions and pretend to think things that they really don't believe. I've spoken with many people who just agree with me for the sake of agreeing, and then later I find out that they really don't think that at all. This bothers me; I don't get offended when people say they think something different, as long as it's not said like this: "you're wrong, so you suck, and I'm better."We need to learn to be more accepting of differences in our society. There is too much focus on homogeneity, and I really can't see what good it would be if we were all the same.

The problem is: If anybody upload a video about X celebrity, sure 90% of the viewers will be fans of that celebrity. This is specially true in music, films, tv shows and similar categories. Unfortunately, people can't respect oppinions. These people thinks only they have the reason and the truth.The best you can do is avoid posting in those videos. You already know you'll be bad rated, people will hate you, you'll suck, and so.What I would do in this case, is just open youtube, watch all videos, and avoid comment in those "religious fans" videos. There are lots of videos where you can post, formulate ideas and exchange opinions (like educational videos, documentals, independient productions and so).

Trust me, I will keep posting even though some people decide that I am wrong. Commenting is kind of a part of the experience for me... you get some new friends and some other things. When someone do something I think is wrong I always try to convince them about something else - in a good way though. It is just very annoying when you say a line or two and you drown in comments about what you said. Sometimes it is fun because some people actually get my point.

I've come across this problem several times in youtube, especially when i'm being critical about tv shows/ movies/ music/ bands/ celebrity related, because there are always die-hard fans you can't take the slittiest bit to criticism about their so called 'idols.' So what i have done is simply stopped posted in those related videos...just watch em and move on. But i have found it interesting to comment on educational videos/documentaries/science videos and it really interesting how they would comment about certain topics. Overall, i just learn to forget about those erratic commenters, because it's just a waste of time to worry about them. I rather comment if i have to and move on or just watch the videos and not comment at all.

My News Wesbite

What your saying isn't wrongI watch stuff and never know wether id like it or notThe only thing i hate about youtube people is that they say they hate a certain singer, or celebrity but they still go and search for the celebs videos and criticise. Thats when the moto comes in for me about "don't like, don't watch"its your opinion if you want to see if its good or not and then u know write it outBut if your gona go on someones video and tell them they suck . they shouldnt film themselves or they're a *BLEEP*its kinda wrong. don't you rekon?

Now this is a common experience for all of us I guess. I, for obvious reasons, no longer see the point in commenting on a music video or a film trailer. There's always going to be fans who would make the use of every opportunity to diss you for whoever you are and like mainly for the immature and short-spanned sense of pseudo-superiority. Besides the obvious, there's no point in me making a comment in the first place. I like it or dislike it ... the world simply does not need to know and nothing's going to happen. It's a music video, it will air on MTV and gain money, it's a trailer, the film might just storm the Box Office even though you despised it.Besides, the "don't like, don't watch" motto has been used very, very broadly on YouTube. It was meant for people who go on digging up videos just to comment something completely retarded and derogatory about someone who has something to do with the video which is a whole lot different than criticism. And as far as I know, YouTube isn't really the most appropriate of all places to be criticizing things on. XDCommenting on other videos should never be much of a problem I guess unless someone goes like, "**** needs Jesus" XD It happened once on a live MuDvAyNe performance video and the guy went like, "MuDvAyNe needs Jesus" and it took the crowd 2 days to realize that this "discussion" shouldn't be happening since God has nothing to do with the video.It'll be a hilarious sight if someone does something like that on a generic video like a family backyard video or something. Or a kitchen experiment. :)Another annoying incident is when someone goes all, "don't diss if you can't do better" if you've posted any amount of criticism on a cover video just because you don't have a video of you doing it in a better way up. I mean how logical is it that just because you can't do something makes everyone else even an iota better than you completely right? That's really pissing off.--Moral of the story, keep your silence if you can't make it better. Speak only when needed. Speak only when your opinions would matter. You don't like a music video, it's not going to be taken off just because you don't like it anyway. So why waste your time?

I agree with this annoyance and all but you have to consider that a lot of people who use sites like Myspace and Youtube are kids. The ones that aren't usually do not post there, or not that I've seen at least. You will rarely even see one post that isn't a flame at someone or something.I've pretty much just learned to ignore it and act like it isn't there. I mean there's nothing you can really do about it. This is one of the positives people find about anonymity on the internet. The fact that they can say and do things and nobody will ever know who they are.It would be pretty nice if there was an option somewhere in your preferences to where you could turn off the comments altogether though...Then you could ignore the kids, they could have fun flaming one another and acting like they're all big bad boys and whatnot.