xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onscreen

Opinions On Phones Sonyericcsion vs. nokia vs. Motorola vs. LG

Greetings!Firstly, i want to do a brief on my current situation. I decided to change my mobile phone as my current phone started to give way as in battery usage duration, odd screen display activities and so on. Current model is Motorola E398.Currently, I have aimed for SonyEricsson, Motorola, Nokia or LG phones as my upgrade. Here is my questions, How does these phone works for you? In terms of customization, user interface, phone durability as any side effect once dropped. It is been 5 years now i own the E398 and hardly have strong exposure on current updated phones.It did be great if many of you in here could share me some opinion so i can finalize my decision soon.Cheers!

I have an HTC touch mobile phone which runs a Windows Mobile OS version 6. I wanted a new windows mobile phone with a touch interface. I always first had a HTC 3300 PDA phone in mind which has a GPS device which I was gaping at for a long time. But finally i landed with HTC touch because of the TouchFLO interface which was mindblowing and amazing.

Usually Nokia is popular for its quality, tech support and battery life. And also very flexible. You can find thousands of 3rd party applications available for Nokia phones. So, you can customize your phone, and convert it into your personal assistant, music player etc...And you can find Nokia services centers everywhere. Sony Ericsson is popular for its sound quality. If you are music lover, than no other phone gives that much of music experience you have with Sony. And many 3rd party applications are available for Sony also, but not as much as Nokia. Motorola gives best features for low cost. But not that much flexible. You'll find less 3rd party applications when compared to the other two. LG is the cheap option available. very low cost, and more features. But I think LG is not that much reliable. Nokia dominates all other mobiles in our country.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

I would say Nokias would be your best choice out of your options.However I use a Blackberry 8100, which helps me out. I have been looking at HTC Touch and Touch Diamond and the iPhone though, all look good for the next time that I resign my contract for various reasons.

I currently use a Sony Ericcson s510, and I love it..Some of the best features of it are...Color screen - I'm amazed at how many phones still don't have color...Big screen - The screen pretty much takes up the entire front of the phone. It's not one that's real small.Internet - You can browse actual websites, including but not limited to email, news, or really anything else you want. With Cingular the cost can rack up kind of fast though due to it being 1c a kilobyte. I'm sure there are other plans elsewhere that offer unlimited internet and all though.Instant messaging - You can get yahoo, aim, msn, etc. on the phone and chat like that.Camera - Eh....Okay, it has a decent camera(3.1 mp I think?) but it is extremely blurry if the object is moving. You have to be extremely still if you want to get a decent picture. The phone does have flash though, which is pretty nice(although it's not flash, it's just a light). Along with pictures, the phone can also take video! Again, it is not the best quality though.Flashlight! - If you turn on the camera part of the phone and turn on the light, it is bright enough to take the place of a flash light.Battery life - The life on these really isn't bad. It gives around 3-4 hours talk time, or 24+ hours of idle. I usually charge mine every two days, but I don't talk on it much either.Bluetooth - It does have bluetooth AND infrared(Not sure what infrared is for) so you can get contacts/share contacts with your laptop and/or PC.Memory card slot - It has a card slot for storing contacts, pictures, videos, etc. on it.Overall I think it's a pretty good phone, but at the same time it also carries a very heafty price. I'm not quite sure how much they cost now but when I got mine it was around $550...

Nice to see theres some respond on this. Though its kind of "late".. hehe. Anyway i have settled myself on a SonyEricsson W760i. Its truly a great phone compare to Motorola and Nokia. Solid in exterior and featured packed in the inside. Still thanks all for the replies. Its a great input for future readers.