xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keego

Virtual Pc 7 For Mac does anyone know how to install a operating system on it. im stuck :(

HeyDoes anyone use Mac G5 here? I have a Mac G5 with leopard installed. Ive recently installed Virtual Pc 7 i followed the instructions. And it told me to insert a disc and then choose the disc type and click capture disc if it isnt already captured automatically. However it wont work for me because the option to press capture disc is greyed out. If it doesnt let me click on it then how am i suppose to load it. And it says any windows is compatible. but if i had service pack 2 would it matter? I don't know. it doesnt seem to be working. Do you know which operating system is best for it? Or why it greys out and doesnt let me click on it? Really need help!!thanks[ EDIT : btw why do i have a little icon saying i have spelling problem, ahermz. who rated me on that? this is a forum . its not like it really matters. pssh to who ever did that]

Edited by keego (see edit history)

Virtual PC 7 seems old. Try VMWare Fusion. It should fix all the CD hooking issues and so on. Microsoft have dropped the future development for its Virtual PC for Mac line. If i remember correctly, Virtual PC supports up to PowerPC G4 only. From G5 onward to Core 2, you have to try VMware Fusion.

lol im backI tried installing that program. but it has a white circle with a line through it on top of the icons. and it wont let me open it.and it says You can't open the application "install VMware fusion" because it is not supported on this architecture, do you know what it means?Sorry lol I've never used macs before thats why :)

Update : Virtual PC 7 isnt compatible with Leopard 10.5. If installed it will end up with Network and Optical media capture option greyed out :)Did some googling and that is what i found. :PIf you really need to use the Virtual PC, only option is to downgrade to 10.4.

Edited by onscreen (see edit history)

Well I was reading some stuff and it said that Virtual Pc is very slow. Do you know any emulators to play games on the Mac then? Pc games of course! :) and some programs that i need to use that cnt be used on macs. It sucks, i searched for games or emulators and most said it either works with only macs up to g4 or it works with intel based macs. so the g5 cnt do much when it comes to that stuff . :P arrrg. i want to place juiced 2 . :P

Only intel based mac allow you to play Windows games. Since you own a G5 based, only option is to stick with games that is ported / written for that architecture.

HeyDoes anyone use Mac G5 here? I have a Mac G5 with leopard installed. Ive recently installed Virtual Pc 7 i followed the instructions. And it told me to insert a disc and then choose the disc type and click capture disc if it isnt already captured automatically. However it wont work for me because the option to press capture disc is greyed out. If it doesnt let me click on it then how am i suppose to load it.
And it says any windows is compatible. but if i had service pack 2 would it matter? I don't know. it doesnt seem to be working. Do you know which operating system is best for it? Or why it greys out and doesnt let me click on it?

Really need help!!
thanks
[ EDIT : btw why do i have a little icon saying i have spelling problem, ahermz. who rated me on that? this is a forum . its not like it really matters. pssh to who ever did that]

You should give a try to VMWARE. Its awesome and it supports so many operating systems, both as host and installations.
i have recommended this to many of my friends and have got good feedback.

You should give a try to VMWARE. Its awesome and it supports so many operating systems, both as host and installations.i have recommended this to many of my friends and have got good feedback.

hi there
someone has already recommended that up to the top of the thread. how ever, like i said. it doesnt work on my g5, there is a circle with a white line going through it and wont let me open the installation . it says it doesnt support this architecture

Update : Virtual PC 7 isnt compatible with Leopard 10.5. If installed it will end up with Network and Optical media capture option greyed out :)
Did some googling and that is what i found. :P

If you really need to use the Virtual PC, only option is to downgrade to 10.4.

Your other option is to install Parallels for Mac

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

This way you have the best of both worlds and you're NOT emulating - you're actually running windows. And run XP, don't waste your time with Vista.

But if you must use your current set up and want drag and drop between the OSes then you can use Leopard to at least (in most cases I understand) to dynamically resize your hard drive partitions so you install Panther at least and then VPC (I'm not sure about Tiger, Panther was the last OS I had it running on). I need it to run ArcGIS and MS Access - I feel your pain - but feel mine - I have a G4 and am being left behind as Parallels only runs on Intel-based macs... :P

VirtualPC 7 on G5Virtual Pc 7 For Mac

Hi,

I had VirtualPC 7 running on my G5 - that was until I went to OS X 10.5...

Virtual PC 7 works fine with OS X 10.4 - it seems not with 10.5

-reply by R Slick

According to me !!!! Virtual PC 7 seems old. Try VM Ware Fusion. It should fix all the CD hooking issues and so on. Microsoft have dropped the future development for its Virtual PC for Mac line. If, I remember correctly, Virtual PC supports up to Power PC G4 only. From G5 onward to Core 2,You have to try VM ware Fusion.Virtual PC 7 isn't compatible with Leopard 10.5. If, Installed it will end up with Network and Optical media capture option grayed out Only intel based mac allow You to play Windows games. Since,You own a G5 based only option is to stick with games that is ported / written for that architecture.

Parallels is good but VMWare Fusion is even better, you can use the 3D if you don't have a Intel 950 GM xD...as me jeje

NONE of the emulators or virtualization software that you all are recommending will work! This person has a G5, not an Intel chip! An Intel chip is required for those to work. VirtualPC is the only thing that will work on the PowerPC (G4, G5) architecture. That being said, VirtualPC is VERY slow and would not afford you a very satisfying PC gaming experience. Look for games that were released for the PowerPC architecture.