xisto Community
pedro-kun

A Couple Of Doubts Regarding ssh and gzip, and those hosting credits loool

Hello,First of all, thanks for accepting my request for hosting. I do, however, have some questions about it:When I first checked out Xisto's website, I noticed you provide shell access... Is this really true? If it is, would I be able to run, for example, an irc bot with the account?Another thing... Your web server does not gzip content. This causes more traffic to be generated, etc etc... Is there any chance to activate this feature?The question regarding credits is a fairly simple one. I'd just like to know how you assure posting quality.. I mean, the credits go up as soon as you post, and therefore I assume no-one reads the post before increasing the credits. If you could, I'd like an answer to this question; it's a matter of pure curiosity :)Cheers,Pedro

Your cPanel does have shell access but if you read out TOS you'll notice that running any kind of irc bot is against it. As for assuring quality we monitor posts on a daily basis and get rid of any objectionable content or spam and adjust hosting credits accordingly.

Like kubi mention anything bot or spam related cannot be hosted of course IRC is not allow on the hosting period. Also most web applications comes with a form of gzip so make sure to check out the software in fantastico and of course the link haslip provided should be able to set up your own gzip for the hosting. Don't forget though that using file hosting and image hosting to help save on bw and space for your hosting account will help.

I always though that gzip compression had to be turned on server-side... Apparently I can do this with simple .htaccess magic... I didn't really know that, so thank you, everyone :)Also, about the irc bot... It's not spam-related lol. Also, the bot would obviously be active at *my* IRC channel, of course... no spamming here :) Anyway, I know this is too much to ask already, so I'll be good without the bot anyway.Thanks again for the help :)